RCBS trim mate centre

Elwood

I bought one of these a few months back but waited up until now to review it.

Over the years case prep has become a bit of a chore for me, but this bit of equipment certainly speeds things up, you have everything you need right where you want it, no searching for the chamfering tool because you put it down so you could clean the primers pockets, it's all there in front of you and it's turning.

Cases can be chamfered in and outside, primer pockets uniformed and cleaned ( the cleaning head works really well ) flash holes can be de-burred and inside case necks cleaned. To get a really clean inside case neck I put a bit of 00 wire wool on the brush, but remember to tap the case on something soft after-wards to get any bits of wire wool out of the case.

The primer pocket uniformer can be adjusted, which I'm not sure about, I prefer the Sinclair uniformer with a fixed depth and to be honest the Sinclair uniformer used in a drill is quicker, so other than the primer pocket uniformer being ok but slow, the Trim mate gets a thumbs up from me.

trimmate2.jpg

What was the cost and was it value for money?

cheers

GB

I think I paid £110, value you for money, well I think it's one of those bits of equipment that you will only miss when you haven't got it, so in my opinion, yes it is value for money.

GB

Not all those tools come with it, you will get the inside and outside chamfer, the large and small primer pocket cleaner and large and small nylon brush with the unit.

For the flash hole deburer you just buy the RCBS one and then un screw the handle, the thread will for the Trim-mate, you then have to buy the correct size case pilot stop.

Archived