Barnes TSX

njc110381

After a bit of range work with my 6.5x55 and not getting perfect results with the Speer 140grn softpoints I've been using, I've decided to give these a try. I think I've just been taken in by the advertising, but they look pretty cool! Do any of you use them for Deer? I've ordered the 130grn version, and hopefully I should get them to group well. If they work as well as advertised then I'll be pleased!

Do any of you use them? I seem to remember someone advising me to try them, but I'm not certain it was on this forum :blush:

After a bit of range work with my 6.5x55 and not getting perfect results with the Speer 140grn softpoints I've been using, I've decided to give these a try. I think I've just been taken in by the advertising, but they look pretty cool! Do any of you use them for Deer? I've ordered the 130grn version, and hopefully I should get them to group well. If they work as well as advertised then I'll be pleased!

Do any of you use them? I seem to remember someone advising me to try them, but I'm not certain it was on this forum :blush:

They do what they say on the tin, hard to believe I know but ive spoken to Barnes at length and they assured me they work. Not got round to giving them a go yet but my mate uses them and he swears by them.

I use the Barnes TSX 130's in the 6.5x284, they work just fine. They need to be seated about .050" off the lands and needed a bit of messing to get to shoot reliably.

I do get the odd flier when checking zero even when I sort all the bullets before loading - this is something I have seen in other calibres using these bullets.

If you want to go the solid route, Lutz Moeller and GC Bullets are better options (IMHO) but you wil have to try hard to get the UK importer of GC bullets to get you any that are not on their stocklist :blink:

Archived