Proper Thermal Rifle Scope

CliveWard

Hi tisme,

It's a centered image when it zooms so the reticule does appear to move in the field of view to compensate. It's more noticeable on this rifle as the mounts are a set of cheapo B-Square 11mm to weaver adapters. It does accurately track the POI though, which I have checked, so there is no accuracy issue switching zoom levels.

The tracking of the reticule is preset, but it can also be reprogrammed for instance if you wanted each zoom level to introduce some additional elevation.

On the reticule front, there are loads to choose from, mil-dots, milling with a fine floating centre dot, picket post and the chevron that I use. We also have the software to design and upload custom reticules.

I had another 7 bunnies with it last night at just over 100 yards with the .17HMR. Four of them thought they were being clever hiding in the woods ;)

Cheers

Clive

Clive in the video when the unit is on 1x the reticle is near the centre of the picture but on 4x it moves quite a bit to the left. Dose this cause poi change?

If you go through the calibrate you will overcome the change of reticle position. It is a bit of fiddling but stops the move. The POI does not change as noted anyway

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Shooter what model mount do you use?

A loooong time in replying to the question. Just got back on the site and saw I had replied without answering the question. My sincere apologies. The mount is one of GSCI units that actually "slides" when you shoot. You do need to be careful with eye relief position as it also comes back against springs, thus coming back and whacking you in the head!!!! :blink: This happens a bit on the 6.5 but worse with 270W.

Archived