swarovski ballistic turrets

s8mdevo

Does anybody have any experience with the swarovski ballistic turrets? I am in the process of purchasing new scope most prob a Z5 5-25x52 or the Z6 5-30x50, just wanted to know if the BT's are worth paying extra for and if anybody has either of these model scopes.

Thanks

Yes - I have a Z6 3-18x50 with ballistic turret and find the tueert excellent. I haven't gone to the extent of getting the custom turret, I'm perfectly happy with the standard set-up which works very well.

I initially zeroed mine at 100yds and then set up the three additional range collars using ballistic data which I subsequently confirmed by shooting at the set distances and adjusted - IMO it really works well and I would buy again.

Yes - I have a Z6 3-18x50 with ballistic turret and find the tueert excellent. I haven't gone to the extent of getting the custom turret, I'm perfectly happy with the standard set-up which works very well.

I initially zeroed mine at 100yds and then set up the three additional range collars using ballistic data which I subsequently confirmed by shooting at the set distances and adjusted - IMO it really works well and I would buy again.

How did you find the ballistic data from swarovski? On the money?

I didn't use any data from Swarovski, I produced my own which was on the money.

• My chronograph data
  • Manufacturer's bullet data
  • Ballistic data produced by iSnipe
  • Ballistic turret settings produced from both of about and rotors set accordingly
Results bang on the money.

Most satisfied.

BTW Z6 3-18x50BT L scope used on .308 Sauer 200 rifle.

1b930128f486f5b8c0a26cf952ef3cfd.jpg

Does anybody have any experience with the swarovski ballistic turrets? I am in the process of purchasing new scope most prob a Z5 5-25x52 or the Z6 5-30x50, just wanted to know if the BT's are worth paying extra for and if anybody has either of these model scopes.

Thanks

I have a Z6 5-30x50 with BR reticle. I can't see any benefit in the field of the ballistic turrets.

I have the following info stuck to the bell of my scope -https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12296998/Reticles/260%20Rem%20129%20SP%20N160%20-%20Swarovski.pdf

Regards JCS

Sounds like you have it sorted nicely DW. Reason for asking is that they list a bunch of factory rounds on swarovski site and wondered if you had put their click data in to match the factory loads to see how close they are. I will be using my own chrono speeds and bullet info to make sure that the turrets are set up for my handloads. As far as setting them up, it looks a doddle on the little video swarovski have made. Is it as simple as it looks?

I have a5-30 x 50 with plex reticle and bt.

i have not played with it at longer ranges until now

as i am still busy with developping an accurate load for the t3.

one thing i do not like is the bit of "play" on the so called locking

ring at the bottom of the ballistic turret.

it has a white dot to set the distance but the "play" is so much

that it can float between the stop and the first click.

I think that is a bit of a shame, but still very glad with the scope.

i have a z6i 2.5x15x56 on my 308 and i have the swaro 7x42 bino's, so this is not

swaro bashing

Archived