Good old hunt

gaz6br

The local hunt met at the mrs parents pub today in the village, so we went to show our support. For saying how wet it was it was a good turn out 30 plus riders.

83F0B7A2-48BD-47CA-987E-68C1B241D014.jpg

I know the terrier lad well, we share information between each other that helps both of us. I spoke to him tonight and he told me where he had seen foxes :)

44FE2F9C-EA8F-4706-95D8-F0E25444D28D.jpg

So I went a walk over a bit of ground tonight with just the dog, sticking to the footpaths of corse as I havnt got permission to shoot it YET. Stood in a large grass field havin a call just using my hand and spotted the first fox about 200 yards away sat there looking, then one came from the right straight up to about 70 yards then just walked off not going to far, then one came from behind straight to me around 20 yards :) let's say I will be knocking on his door ASAP ;)

ED462231-61EA-4045-BF04-18BB2710FE6E.png

All spotted just using my head lamp, photo with my iPhone

Gaz

Skill is lacking with me Gaz! don't get out as much as I should and I tend to rush things.

The foxes I regularly see now are very cautious. Our land backs onto a large estate and forestry and I fear they have been shot at afew times before by the guys who manage it. They come across to ours as we have poultry units and our ground has a lot of wood cock, snipe, hares etc.

I can call them in but as soon as the lamp goes on they're off and don't look back.

Night vision/thermal is the next step but I enjoy the challenge of lamping as it does take skill.

If they become numerous and I feel they are starting to affect local wild birds and/or start to break through the poultry defences I will upgrade and deal with them

Just need to be in the right place at the right time : )

Skill is lacking with me Gaz! don't get out as much as I should and I tend to rush things.

The foxes I regularly see now are very cautious. Our land backs onto a large estate and forestry and I fear they have been shot at afew times before by the guys who manage it. They come across to ours as we have poultry units and our ground has a lot of wood cock, snipe, hares etc.

I can call them in but as soon as the lamp goes on they're off and don't look back.

Night vision/thermal is the next step but I enjoy the challenge of lamping as it does take skill.

If they become numerous and I feel they are starting to affect local wild birds and/or start to break through the poultry defences I will upgrade and deal with them

Just need to be in the right place at the right time : )

I've got ground with just the same problem on, idiots next door with a FAC but know idea how to do fox control :(

Gaz

I've got ground with just the same problem on, idiots next door with a FAC but know idea how to do fox control :(

Gaz

And how do you deal with them Gaz ;)

And how do you deal with them Gaz ;)

Nothing you can do really, just hope they learn quick by there mistakes. We all miss and mess up from time to time but I like to think I'm killing most I get chance at and I'm sure I do and that goes for my shooting buddy as well ;)

Gaz

Archived