case cleaning

srvet

No water marks, since you don't directly handle the brass and the oven drying works well. Discolouration of the brass isn't an issue, provided no solutions (vinegar, SCII etc.) are used in too high a concentration. It is cheap, compared to a german or American made unit...

I use redding dry lube on the necks to size them, so no issues with brass being 'too clean'.

Thanks Tiff, and Ian for the latest posts.

Jamie

Jamie,

I use the same vinegar solution in glass beakers. No more than 15 308 size cases at a time or 20 223. However after the vinegar they get a 7 minute ultrasonic bath in birchwood casey brass cleaner as per the Accurate shooter "clean & shiney" method. It's quite time consuming but I get no tarnish, just nice clean & shiney cases. The fluids are dirt cheap. The BC case cleaner dilutes and lasts ages, I use basic cheapo malt vinegar from Asda. My biggest investment was in the Ultrasonic cleaner as I got a big stainless one from Germany off eBay big enough to take 2 600ml beakers.

To all those who've provided details on STM, thank you I've found it very educational. I don't need high volume yet but if I ever do I will consider it.

Thanks

Mike

Jamie,

I use the same vinegar solution in glass beakers. No more than 15 308 size cases at a time or 20 223. However after the vinegar they get a 7 minute ultrasonic bath in birchwood casey brass cleaner as per the Accurate shooter "clean & shiney" method. It's quite time consuming but I get no tarnish, just nice clean & shiney cases. The fluids are dirt cheap. The BC case cleaner dilutes and lasts ages, I use basic cheapo malt vinegar from Asda. My biggest investment was in the Ultrasonic cleaner as I got a big stainless one from Germany off eBay big enough to take 2 600ml beakers.

To all those who've provided details on STM, thank you I've found it very educational. I don't need high volume yet but if I ever do I will consider it.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I use the 50/50 method with the white vinegar and destilled water.

I have some Lyman Sonic Turbo cleaner, but it doesn't get rid of the tarnish to much of a degree. I should have gone for the Birchwood Casey stuff as well.... I don't recall the "clean and shiny" method, i'll have another mooch on the site.

Apologies for hijacking your post a little.

Jamie

Edit - Found it.

Have always used an ultrasonic with sea clean followed by a little rinse aid in the water, dry the cases with a cloth and place them in the Rayburn for 10 min to dry, perfect every time.

Archived