An innocent casualty of tonights rabbitting foray.....ooops!

Guest martin

Guest martin

Now this has made realise how all those Yanks feel when they give out a bit of 'Friendly Fire' :blink: ......................

I just went out for an hour to get some bunnies for the dogs,and,I crawled across the field for about 30 mtrs,and,peered down the slope at 5 adult rabbits(3 obvious bucks)and 4-5 young'uns.I took the first Buck at about 50 mtrs,and,he just led down dead as a door nail.The others never even moved,so,I dropped the second Buck at about 55 mtrs,and,the rest just stood up and had a quick look around,and,then started eating again,so,I dropped the third one at about 65 mtrs.At the last shot the rest did finally head for the hedges,so,I wandered down the slope to pick up my prizes...............

DSC00331.jpg

BUT!!!!! little did I realise that there had been another casualty..............No not a lamb/sheep.bullock/goat/chicken/duck or for that matter any other farm animal,but,a totally innocent bystander......... :whistling:

DSC00335-1.jpg

Yes,a Slow worm,that was taking in the last rays of sunshine,and,probably didn't even hear the shot that actually killed and gutted him at the same time.

Archived