Butler Creek flip up scope cover

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a Butler Creek flip up scope cover for the oobjective end of my Nightforce scope, rain/mist etc plays hell with it and bikini covers are too much hassle. It's a 56mm scope, digital calipers is bust at the moment but the reading I get from the printed marks on it is 65mm or 2.55 inches. Ok so far. Until I go on to Target Sports website to buy one of the damned things. I bought one already, and I forget which of their model interpretations it was but it's got "51 OBJ" printed on it. But, as you've guessed, it's not fitting. More precisely the plastic cap end won't clip onto the rubber bit that goes over my sunshade. This should be a bloody simple exercise but it's not.

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

All the best,

John

My Nightforce is a 12 - 42 x 56. The objective Butler creek says 51 on the inside of the flip cover and the eyebell says 14, 16, 17. The obj cover is all plastic though and not rubber as yours is.

The obj cover is fitted over the objective ( no sunshade ) and does have to stretch a little but the cover closes just fine. I've also used it with the sunshade in place without probs.

Grant...

Archived