just a couple of groups when the varmints were hiding

craigyboy

Done some groups today when things were quiet on the varmint front after 1000 rounds the tac20 is still proving very accurate

heres the best 5 shot group at 100 yards with 40g v-max

DigitalCamera284.jpg

and heres the best at 300 yards (the fith one is just off the edge of the target)

DigitalCamera282.jpg

I also did some primer comparisons testing at 100 yards over the chrony all with the same load of powder. The CC1 400 showed the highest velocity but also primers were on the brink of piercing, FED 205M were the lowest velocity and showed no real pressure signs and rem 7 1/2 were somwhere in between but showed slight cratering which is normal with this load and that primer. They all showed more or less the same Extreme spread and SD figures, generally 30 fps for extreme spread and around 15 fps for SD which for loads just thrown from the harrel straight into the case is more than acceptable I think anyhow. Out of them all I have decided to use the FED 205 M from now on it just seemed to behave the best out of them all, just slightly though. The difference between the CCi 400 and FED205M primer was almost 60 fps :lol: just shows when changing primers you definatley need to check the load.

Funny you should say that Andy but the federal seated easiest and most conistently while the CCI were the tighest and hard to seat to a consitant depth.

Craig

have you compared the CCI BR primers with Fed 210M's?

In the calibres I have, since Feds are getting nigh on impossible to source, ive been using CCI BR, they seem to give almost identical results........

Guest northernchris

Andy

I swapped to CCI Brs last year for the same reason as you and i havnt noticed any real world differance.

• 3 months later...

Nice groups Craig thats one thing i havnt had a go at ,using different primers dou you recon it makes a big difference in accuracy

good to see she is shooting for you dave, looking good right off the bat!!!!! :)

Foxshot it doesnt seem to effect grouping, at least not in my case but it effected extreme spread and standard deviation more, some primers seem to prefer certain powders and work best with them.

Archived