Fun day off varminting

craigyboy

For a change we took the day off today and I knew the weather was gonna be good so had only one thing on my mind. Got out for some bunny/corvid bashing in the sun shot various crows and rabbits in and around 200 yards but the longest of the day went to a hooded crow at 351 yards off a fence post

DigitalCamera276.jpg

Heres where I shot the crow from, you can just about make out the arrow I drew in

DigitalCamera280.jpg

After the shot it actually rise a fox out further down the hedge it was running hard but stopped at 450 yards to take a piss, where it thought it was safe and it was as I was pretty sure it was a vixen and the den is on a farm which I dont have permission so I let it go, Ill get it later in the year Im sure.

The weather was brilliant today, one of the best days varminting I have had in ages only thing was I got a bit sunburnt, you sorta forget about sunburn when you havent seen much of it in 6 months :lol:

Hi craigyboy ,

Nice shot there buddy on that crow and a good writeup too!! :blink::lol:

Weather in Cornwall was good too and managed myself to get out a bit!!!! :D:lol:

All the best.....................

RAY........................... :D;)

Nice shot on the crow craigyboy,the weather was also great here in cumbria only i was unfortunate enough to be at work,had a go myself on saturday up scotland weather a bit crapper than the last two days,shame about the fox 450 would have been a perler of a shot not that the 351 wasnt

Hi Craigyboy,

I wish i had took the day off too, weather was stunning here in North Wales also. Beauty of a shot, you can't beat crow bashing. Unless you get a fox at 450 that is, shame you had to pass it up (good on ya, i understand your reasons for it).

Keep up the good work, excellent write up.

All the best,

Jay.

Nice one Buddy good right up :lol::lol:

Was out yesterday with my mate 6mmBr and he did a bit of crow bashing , but the exploding pigeons were very impressive :blink:

Cracking shot on the hoodie,it was a great days weather alright.

My daughter and i went out for a dander in the evening,she is learning the ropes with a .410 mossberg,she had a couple of shots but no hits but we had a good walk anyway.

I am sure that fox was tempting but you will see him later in the year i would say. :blink:

We are going to BK this saturday,are you going?

Thanks for all the replies lads, it seems most of us were getting out doing abit of shooting in the good weather, good to see.

Scallopdiver I am indeed at BK on saturday, cant remember the range number, what range you on, I am down tomorrow night as well with the shottie, shooting clays, they have a brilliant clay facilty, DTL and sporting good setup. Hope the weather is good on saturday, maybe get back to 600 yards if were lucky ;)

Nice write up pard and some lovely view you had to look at while playing. Excellent call on the fox, nice to read that someone sees more than a target when looking at a fox, you will enjoy her later and have the possibility of her offspring also which may give you a few targets at 450yds ;)

Craig

I wont know what range we will be on till we get there but i will keep my eye open for you.

Hope to hell we get a good day because if i spend all week working while the weather is so good only to get a bad day on sat i will be ripping !:lol:

Fingers crossed

Thanks lads.

Scallopdiver I am on Range No1 ETR, I think the weather is to be good, I hope we will get back to 600m if its not too windy, we were down last nite at the clay range in BK, its a top notch setup shot some DTL and sporting. You wanna see the rabbits down there at the minute hundreds of the buggers but its a nature reserve so no chance of getting permission, pity theres a bit backing off to the sea that you could shoot them out 500 yards, heaven!!!!!!!!!!! Call over to range no1 for a chat.

Archived