6br finished new project

Guest sako

Guest sako

Now the 6mm BR is finally finished and all is sorted out, i have been doing some load developing. Tried 80g b-tip and some 75 v-max with n-135, cci br4 and lapua brass and it looks promising. I was laid down shooting off bi-pod but would ideally have liked to have been shooting off a bench. The rifle is a sako 75 and it has a 24 inch LW barrel 1-8 twist 1450 super magnum profile, mcmillian stock pillar bedded and glass bedded and it has been dura coated in snow grey with a fleck of black. The mod is an a-tec. Thanks to col 48 for arranging to get it sorted out!

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

This is my new project - a tikka m590 continental in 243. I've been after one of these for a bit. The action in my opinion is the best that tikka did. These are a very solid action and getting very hard to get hold of. It is in very good condition so I am thinking at the minute to leave it as it is and see how it shoots. Will keep you all informed.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

john

Lovely looking rifle and it shoots to boot!

You will like the 590, in whatever guise you make it, look forward to further reports on the completed and uncompleted projects. :lol:

Nice job there mate looks tidy job, been shooting my mates 6mmBr of late and its spoiling me fantastic little round :P Have a couple of tikka 590 s fantastic quality ,very solid made bits of Kit, am having one rebarrelled at the mo in 6mmBR ,I love the feel of them in the hand and you can get the trigger down to around 1llb so no need to try looking to get anything fancy for them. ;)

The old tikka actions are getting hard to get hold off, just bought another long action stainless synthetic m690 to have something built on that when I can decide what? :lol:

Archived