Still Waiting!

flytie

I am still waiting for my FAC application to be processed, 28 weeks since they cashed my cheque (last Tuesday).

What is the longest waiting time for a FAC application that you know of?

I live in the West Mercia Constabulary area, which I am told is one of the worst. Not that I blame the Firearms dept, they have been badly let down by the Police Authority with funding and resources. This new computer system seems to have a lot to answer for. Oddly in the BASC May/June magazine there is someone from Dorset who from the time they posted their application to recieving their FAC was 11 days. I am sure they printed this just to wind me up :)

Ft

FT

get in touch with them... a friend of mine was waiting for his for 12 months, being patient and not stirring a fuss, but then a chap turned up in the club who had his in 4 weeks! So he then got in touch only to be told they cannot find his application and would he mind putting another one in?? Thank god I am in staffordshire!!

best wishes,

Finman

Wow that is disgracefull. I think they need alot of chasing on that. When i moved to north wales same happened but it was only 3 month but that was just for a change of address, I already had my FAC!!! I am now under the Durham constabulary and they are great, mind you im now on first name terms with the firearms dept. example: I sent in my fac for a variation on monday afternoon and have recieved it back completed today, cant ask for more that that. Are you a member of any shooting organisations that may be able to help, failing that ask for a meeting with your firearms licensing officer to find out whats happening. ( thats what i had to resort to in north wales, and lo and behold when i arrived thay had my certificates ready for me to collect there and then.)

Keep us informed

Andy

Youre lucky you dont live here. For my first ever centrefire rifle variation I waited 13 months!!!!!!!!! Standard waiting time on a variation at the minute is 6 months :) waiting on one at the minute.

Northants currently about 3 months for a 1 for 1 variation. I am aware of a case in the Glocester area that also took a year or so as the force had also lost his appliction after the FEO's visit !!.

A

I had the same problem when i first put in my FAC application. It took six months and finally I phoned them up reluctantly. The FLO kicked my arse as when he looked into it they had lost the application. He said I should have been on the phone after 1 month kicking up that which promotes growth and vigour. It was there 4 days later handed to me personally by my FLO. I have in a 1 for 1 at the moment so we will see. It’s been in a week now so fingers crossed.

I'm in the Grampian police area the they are now that which promotes growth and vigour hot. I had two friends put in there applications one put it in on the monday hand delivered to the head quarters and it was on his door step on the friday. The other friend was 8 days i think. Lucky buggers.

Ads

I think I would be respectfully asking for a meeting with the people involved to discuss the apparent problems with the application.

Get your facts and dates sorted, present in an appropriate way and see what the outcome is.

Personally I would have been chasing it before now so I don't think you can be accused of not being patient.

Are you not in an organisation? If yes copy them in and/or seek there advice. I know we all slag them off but this is when you should be getting something for your money.

I can't remember exactly how long mine took. For some reason ten months and eleven days is the figure in my head. Whatever, it was a bloody long time! Give them a ring and complain, I feel you've waited long enough to have reason to moan now!

Just be diplomatic, they wont respect a gob full. Im sure it will be in the post very soon after the phone call to enquire about your application.

Keep us all posted. Its a nightmare waiting but look at it as good news. If they weren't going to give you it you would have heard by now for sure.

Ads..

Have to agree with Ads, Grampian are superb. I sent me FAC variation in on Thursday and recieved it back the following Monday. Given they don't work weekends, they took one day to process it and send it back out!

Im with central scotland a 1 2 1 takes about 2 weeks with pressure but all in all theyve not been that bad with me compared to others. But 28 weeks if your a member of basc loose the dogs. Im not a member but if I was you and was a member I would.

Archived