Weihrauch HW 66 .222

Evening all

Found a Weihrauch HW 66 .222 advertised locally, just wondering if anyone has any experience of one. I've seen one before in .17hmr, and liked the feel of it, but you don't see many about in centrefire. Is there a reason why they're not that popular?

Thanks in advance

Davey

Davey, good morning. Absolutely THE nicest factory rifle I have ever had. I had the Jagd-Match stock version not the hogs back J version.

Mine was in .17HMR. Have commented on here previously but IMHO stock - wood, balance and heft was superb, bluing of the barrel - superb, mag was tight initially but neat and the trigger is Weihrauch match quality. The bolt action was so so smooth even compared to two previous Anschutz' I had

I wish they did it in .17H or .223 but a good re-barrel project.

As for .222 the calibre has seemingly gone out of fashion as there are a number of Sako 75' on Guntrader in mint condition.

The price is the best bit !!! Best. David

i had one momentarily a few years ago, there was a problem with it so i sent it back. cant remember the exact detail but the top of the magazine had worn down because of the bolt rubbing it, and this prevented the spent case ejecting. the top of the mag flicked something to complete the ejection cycle. if you pushed the mag up, it would eject. a new mag would have fixed it but they were not available (or the right price) so i sent it back to whence it came. a nice little rifle and accurate with the half box of factory ammo i put through it.

Davey, good morning. Absolutely THE nicest factory rifle I have ever had. I had the Jagd-Match stock version not the hogs back J version.

Mine was in .17HMR. Have commented on here previously but IMHO stock - wood, balance and heft was superb, bluing of the barrel - superb, mag was tight initially but neat and the trigger is Weihrauch match quality. The bolt action was so so smooth even compared to two previous Anschutz' I had

I wish they did it in .17H or .223 but a good re-barrel project.

As for .222 the calibre has seemingly gone out of fashion as there are a number of Sako 75' on Guntrader in mint condition.

The price is the best bit !!! Best. David

Had one of the jagd- match version myself in 22lr. One of the best 22 rifles I've ever had the pleasure to shoot. Took hundreds of rabbits with no issues whatsoever. The only reason I ever sold it was to buy a semi auto for speed of use. Also has one of the best 2 stage match triggers as standard- the rekord which is the same one they use in their air rifles.

Cheers lads........... Yep, it's in the Jagd-match version............ love the stock, that's what caught my attention.

Question for some of the gunsmiths. Would it be a suitable action to re barrel in perhaps TAC 20 or 20 Practical?

That would make a fantastic rifle.

i had one momentarily a few years ago, there was a problem with it so i sent it back. cant remember the exact detail but the top of the magazine had worn down because of the bolt rubbing it, and this prevented the spent case ejecting. the top of the mag flicked something to complete the ejection cycle. if you pushed the mag up, it would eject. a new mag would have fixed it but they were not available (or the right price) so i sent it back to whence it came. a nice little rifle and accurate with the half box of factory ammo i put through it.

Gary, I don't suppose you remember if it was a genuine Hull Cartridge model?

Archived