O MY GOD LOOK AT THIS

col48

Thats rash!!!!!!!!!

Bears is nasty critters. I used to take my wife and kids camping in the Beartooth Mountains in western Montana and the grizzlies would saunter through camp during the night. I slept with a 16.5" barreled 30-30 lever action loaded with 180 grain bullets lying along side of me. Never had to use it. Oddly, the most aggressive actions I've had in a one on one confrontation was with a much smaller cinnamon colored black bear in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains of northern New Mexico. It snarled and made short runs at me and I thought for sure I'd have to shoot it. About the time I decided that at the next charge I would kill it, it ran off in the opposite direction! That saved us both a lot of grief! ~Andrew

Lucky fella, horrific injuries ;)

Anyone remember that fella who was out studying bears (brown or black I can't remember) in Alaska. He was camped along a river that ran between two lakes, lots of bears around. Refused to take a gun as he was a bear hugger type. In the end anyway it turned out one of them ate him, and if memory serves me right his girlfriend too.

Did the grizzly get the girlfriend as well? I remember the video camera was turned on but the lens cap was never removed so apparently just the screams were recorded. Horrific end but when watching that documentary you couldn't help but feel he got his just deserts for being that stupid in the first place.

Did the grizzly get the girlfriend as well? I remember the video camera was turned on but the lens cap was never removed so apparently just the screams were recorded. Horrific end but when watching that documentary you couldn't help but feel he got his just deserts for being that stupid in the first place.

I felt sorry for his wife who was back at home when they broke the news to her:- Your husband and his mistress have both been killed by a bear. The girlfriend tried to beat it off with a frying pan. ;)

B-b

Archived