primers

abolter

Been having a few miss fires recently with my CCi small rifle primers. They are failing to go bang. I suspected the firing pin but when I look at the case you can see it is actually striking deeper and harder on the none firing ones. In the pic you can see it. The left went bang, the right did not. Same batch, all kept indoors. all reloaded at same time. Any ideas?

IMG_20141005_211557.jpg

Hi Abolter, are they CCI 450 small rifle magnum primers? If so my last batch of 1000 was ok for the first few boxes, but some misfired badly, even though the firing pin gave them a good smack, and wouldn't fire even on another try. They were all stored correctly so I just put it down to a bad batch. I did a search on Google and found quite a few people were having problems with them. No problems with the new batch so far, same load and conditions.

Best Regards,

Mark

Been having a few miss fires recently with my CCi small rifle primers. They are failing to go bang. I suspected the firing pin but when I look at the case you can see it is actually striking deeper and harder on the none firing ones. In the pic you can see it. The left went bang, the right did not. Same batch, all kept indoors. all reloaded at same time. Any ideas?

IMG_20141005_211557.jpg

I had the same problem awhile back, I ended changing my priming tool from a Lee hand loading tool to a K&M tool.

I've not had one miss fire since:)

Cheers

Danny.

Archived