dumb fac question

nearly there

Hi guys more than likely a dumb question but i thought i would ask.on my fac it states i can own a 308/7.62.does this mean i could get a rifle in 300 win mag or do i need to state 300 win mag on the fac.i ask as i see that the 300 win mag is 7.62x67..thanks

Hi-its not a dumb question,and has often needed clarification in the past-where certificates used 'calibre' (eg .30) but others,inc FLOs actually put 'chambers' (eg .308 or 308w-same thing),because that's what the applicant asked for just as Jagged says.RFDs should be well aware,but onus is on FAC holder.

.30-06 is ok if FAC says .30,but 30-06 is not if FAC says .308 or 308w or 7.62. Easily FLO varied,though.

As ever,a phone call to your FLO will clarify-some are very straightforward one for ones (when cartridge is in the same general class,eg 222 to 223) and some are not (where there is an serious 'upgrade' in performance,and issues of 'good reason' might come in).

Generally these days,FLOs are aware of these technical nuances,and will -given good reason etc-grant what the applicant asks for-and grant a variation when the applicant requests it.

Similarly,with moderators,even more so since they are not all calibre specific,though some are so marked...just pays to clarify eg ...'up to 6mm'- or even 6mm/243.Best to have all the numbers match!

gbal

Archived