sako 85 picatinny rail?

Im after a weaver rail for my sako 85 .222 which is obviously xs action, I know there are a few companies making two piece picatinny conversions but im trying to get a rail and having trouble finding someone who makes/stocks them. is there some reason why the two piece bases seem the norm for sako actions or does it cause ejection problems or just a random thing I would be keen to hear from someone with a rail fitted.

many thanks

james

i think roedale also do a two piece but no rail, im starting to think there is a good reason for it that i don't know about. i did see a review of some rifle scope in sporting rifle although cant remember what month and the reviewer was using a sako 75 with a one piece rail. The search continues lol

I have posted on this subject several times in the past.

Roedale sell them here:

http://www.webshop.roedale.de/gx2/product_info.php?info=p348_picatinny-rail-sako-with-optilok--0moa-.html

Not a fan personally as they sit high and have a sliding section to allow for different action sizes but AFAIK this is the only one you will get off the shelf.

Near Mfg in Canada have made them in the past but I haven't heard of anybody who has managed to get one recently, the ignored me when I emailed them a while ago. They will need holes drilling and taping into the action as well.

I ended up having 2 made by Neil McKillop, these are both for 75's but the 85 is almost identical.

Sako_Rail.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

Out of the 2 the second one is just a bit better IMO as I had Neil make it as low a profile as he possibly could. They are not cheap as he makes them to order and the action has to be drilled and taped as well.

Archived