shoot what you eat

sauer

hi guys

my brother and i were always brought up regarding shooting to only shoot what you need and dont waste anything...of course doesnt apply to certain vermin etc.

i always like to use what i shoot well....photo below is from couple o years ago after making our first batch o vension sausages.... got it down pat now from then ;)

whats your tried and trusted method/ reciepe for what you shoot be it venison raabit pigeon etc?????

venisonsauasges2.jpg

sauer ;)

simple really

bought a mincer form argos but you can get em from lidlls from lidls from time to time for 30 quid!

they usually come with a sausqage adaptor that you can use once youve minced the meat

get pally with your local butcher i use buthchers rusk from him along with basic seasoning but i think you can now buy the complete mixes from bushwear catalogue.

i need to use cumberland sausage skins, usually size are to tight over the nozzle.

mince the meat

add your butchers rusk and seasoning

add water till you get right consistency

you can add anything else in...spring onions mushed up in food processor for example...5 bunches to 6 pounds o meat..mmmm

cranberry jelly anything!!!

once mixed put on sausage adapter onto mincer along with sausage skins...get someone to feed into the mincer and you just "fill the skin" and feed it out so to speak.

simple and bloody tasty!!!!

you can also buy pork belly, mince it and put it thru the mix if you want to give a bit more fat to help cook

pm me if you want more info leave me your number ill give you a bell

sauer

Sauer

Wow now that is impressive, what kit have you got to do all that?

I always wanted to get into bambi bangers but never knew anyone who had the kit to give me some advice.... until now that is :o

You don't fancy helping me out do ya?

Here ya go matey all the info you will need loads of info for the beginner, click on any of the links at the top of the page, i.e, 'sausage making equipment' 'Herbs and spices' etc you can purchase everything you need..... It's very addictive once you start, you've been warned. ;)

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/

Yeh you also need someone to stalk & bring the goods home, ie beast then a good skinner as hair is disgusting! ;) Then butcher/bone out. Alot of work but i hear sauer has a good pal who does this for him, he just helps in the kitchen & eats the goods B):o

mmmmm wonder who that could possibly be?????? ;):o

at least you dont have a "mate" who after skinning the beast and then leaves so called " disgusting" hair lying on yer garage floor for a bungee week

instead of putting in the bin liners that are 3ft away and the wheelie bin ootside the garage!!!

wonder who that could be? mmmm

sausages...mmmmmmm

hehehehehehe

ps.have you moved that pile o bones yet???

Archived