fellow stag

took are first real look at some ground that me and mate have paid for so really just to get the feel of the place ,we were there for 4.30 this morning and yes it was dark , just to see whats on the place as it got light and to get in place ,seen 4 stags of the same size and three last year bucks munching on the farmers crop some 450 yrds out :) but were making there way down are way to the wood ,then they all lay down out to 225 yrds and theres no way we could make are way over open ground,we were watching them for over two hours before they laid down to see how they moved about on the ground just so we know for next time. B) after waiting some time we decided to get them to stand up for the shot so i showed my self .mate took the shot 30-06 and missed ;) they ran to about 260 to 270yrds so i took the shot and hit it right behind the leg it ran 75yrds and dropped down dead :D my first fellow stag ..it weighed in at 92lbs with all the bits off but jacket still on so it was over good size so im told ,the shot went right out the other side with just a small hole to show it even missed the rib bones on both sides hows lucky is that ;) for such a large bullet 180 grn it did not make a mess of the beast unlike a .243 that iv seen ..i know nothing of deer really and im new at this game but im learning fast ,hope to get one more before the 30th of this month ..how would you rate this stag ??

DSCN1253LargeLarge.jpg

DSCN1259Large.jpg

stag ;) my mate kept on calling it a buck :) your learning all the time ;) we were lying down in the damp grass of the wood for ages feet and knees we bloody cold i tell thee, still worth it though ,we may be going again tomorrow morning will have to see what my mate says ,as theres three more stags B) sorry, bucks just like this one that needs going :D

Good on yer Bigun.

Nice big buck to start you off. There are plenty more on that piece of ground. Should you want to you could take beasts of there every day until the season closes. You would be doing your landlord a good turn as well as yourself and the ground would be niceley rested for when the season opens again and the crop is cleared.

Good hunting

Paul

david i heard 4 shots ringing out on your land the other morning .was it you ..about 6.30 am time ..seen one big buck the other morning but got away and nothing this morning ,was out with remmy65 ,shame really as he was dieing to hit some thing ,rabbit had to have it in the end ;) just as well remmy65 knocked over 3 foxs the other night one out to 275yrds bit close for him i know :o

we may be going again tomorrow morning will have to see what my mate says ,as theres three more stags ;) sorry, bucks just like this one that needs going :D

Is it worth the trip out tomorrow if the others are just like that one there don't seem to be a lot of meat on that one, in fact there isn't much other than a head from what I can see :oB):(

Sorry to be so late in responding to your post Bigun. No, it wasn't me. But I knew you were out there. The ground is keepered Bigun and it was most likely him that you heard. Good luck on your new ground Bigun.

David.

Archived