Changes to Uk imports

Artiglio

Good Day Gents

A bit of information that might be of interest, as of 1st July changes have been made regarding import licence requirements, which now seem to cover just about anything relating to reloading. I ordered a neck turning tool from 21st Century, which unfortunately arrived in customs on 3rd July and has been seized. As yet no direct contact with HMC , all info so far from the HMRC help line.

So if you want to order anything first check the commodity code and see if item falls foul of new regulations. This would seem to just be for items from outside the eu.

regards phil

Evening ,

As it turns out a storm in a tea cup, the information I was given by the HMRC helpline was incorrect ( probable overzealous application of rules and regs). I was provided with contact details for BorderForce at Coventry by a forum member (thank you) and having emailed and faxed details through, had a message 3 hours later from HMRC saying package released. So all sorted.

Regards phil

Evening ,

As it turns out a storm in a tea cup, the information I was given by the HMRC helpline was incorrect ( probable overzealous application of rules and regs). I was provided with contact details for BorderForce at Coventry by a forum member (thank you) and having emailed and faxed details through, had a message 3 hours later from HMRC saying package released. So all sorted.

Regards phil

Again this shows the wealth of knowledge our forum members hold. Glad all is sorted for you.

Archived