ASE Ultra Jet-z CQB suppressor .223

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm Jetz compact used to be 243

Jetz CQB was 22cf (223),I think.

The mod seems to have Jetz CQB and 223 markings....as manufactured.....

yes your right. But the cqb stil has a exit hole of 7.3mm so no problem on a 6mm.

yes your right. But the cqb stil has a exit hole of 7.3mm so no problem on a 6mm.

Thanks-seems it's possible,but likely to exceed design.

Having a senior engineer as a (shooting) neighbour has sometimes been reassuring,more often cautionary,in line with my prefewred low risk inclinations- "there won't be any problems until it fails catastrophically". I doubt that ASE will advise use other than "22 cf",and I won't fit one on a hot 6 ('hot' as in, "just the usual slight pressure signs,like loose primers,and slightly stiff bolt lift").

Maybe someday soon ranges will ban such,before someone gets seriously hurt and reloading is made illegal,and it's £1+ a pop,at SAAMI specs,and what the big companies offer only.

gbal

Ase Utra list this mod as "reasonable to use on a 243",,,,I shall be using mine on my new 6br build given the mod will be "fitted" to tight tolerances by my smithy.[/quot

OK-I didn't see that on the ASE UTRA product specifications I looked up-very clearly 223/5.56.Just out of interest,where does ASE sanction the use of 243/6mm for these mods? Tight tolerance properly fitted...on the edge otherwise,maybe.

Ase Utra list this mod as "reasonable to use on a 243",,,,I shall be using mine on my new 6br build given the mod will be "fitted" to tight tolerances by my smithy.[/quot

OK-I didn't see that on the ASE UTRA product specifications I looked up-very clearly 223/5.56.Just out of interest,where does ASE sanction the use of 243/6mm for these mods? Tight tolerance properly fitted...on the edge otherwise,maybe.

have a look on website look up products,,,select cqb,,,click on calibres-compatability chart,,,its yellow ringed for "reasonable to use",,,gonna try it anyways,,,regds O

Ase Utra list this mod as "reasonable to use on a 243",,,,I shall be using mine on my new 6br build given the mod will be "fitted" to tight tolerances by my smithy.[/quotOK-I didn't see that on the ASE UTRA product specifications I looked up-very clearly 223/5.56.Just out of interest,where does ASE sanction the use of 243/6mm for these mods? Tight tolerance properly fitted...on the edge otherwise,maybe.
have a look on website look up products,,,select cqb,,,click on calibres-compatability chart,,,its yellow ringed for "reasonable to use",,,gonna try it anyways,,,regds O

Ahh,yes indeed-thanks - I had missed the little i sign,and assumed what was below was below i that column was the compatibility,but the separate i page makes it clear.

g

I asked the guy from ase who is on the bbs forum. Not sure if he is on here to.

he said its fine. The conpact model in 25/06 cal exit hole is 7.6mm so not a massive difference.

Of course the compact model is abit longer and thicker so would work better.

the extra bit of noise wouldnt bother me though. I would happy use the cqb on 6br and 243

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived