Which Rifle?

Can anyone offer some advice? I am going to purchase a new rifle. Which one should i go for... the new Sako-85 in 308 Winchester or the Sauer 202? I am a left handed shooter and the prices for both rifles are pretty similar. It will be used mostly for deer stalking. Cheers, Paul.

Welcome to the board mate.

Either of those rifles will do you proud go and have a look at them and go for the one which feels the most comfortable to you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Dave

hi Fawns,

also a left hander here. I don't know much about the Sako 85. I have a Sako 75 Left hand and it is SUPERB. I am at a loss to even imagine how a rifle could surpass it (extremely accurate out of the box, easy to carry all day and to handle at the shot). Mine is in 6.5x55, and I don't know whether the 85 is available left hand (can't find out from the Sako website...) or if so which calibres does it cater for. I would also give serious consideration to the Tikka T3 left hand models, have read very very good reviews both in Europe and the States abou the out-of-the-box performance of the T3 Varmint and Tactical in .308.

Hope this helps. Long live the southpaws!!

Best wishes,

Finman

The sauer`s look nice and that's about it. A bit like having a model wife that burns the dinner, irons wank and play`s away but looks good on the arm :P

008.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

That has to be the quote of the month !

I have 2 Sako 75's and at this moment in time wouldn't look at another make.

I used to have a Sauer 200 about 18-20 years ago and that shot superb but since I have Sakos, they are so good out of the box that I wouldn't want to risk trying anything else.

Archived