220g Lapua Scenar L for FTR.

blaser308

Down to my Last 10 Berger 210 BT Lr for my FTR rig and no sign of any from local Fd for few more weeks has anyone tried the Lapua 220g scenar L bullets for 800-1000+ ranges, Ifso how they perform when pointed against the 210 bt Lr and 215g Hybrids.

Judging by what Laurie Holland found and I did with the 7mm 180's I wouldn't waste money or powder trying them.

They have an overly long bearing surface and huge meplat which doesn't respond brilliantly to pointing .

Their BC is also very dissaponting.

I would suggest waiting for the Bergers or if desperate the Sierra 210 bullet is excellent and has a good BC to boot.

Cheers

Dave

Yup - 'fraid so! A strange (and very disappointing) bullet design, and I really can't see what application the Lapua designers had in mind for it. (Maybe .300 Win Mag in rough and nearly clapped out military rifle barrels for sniper use where the long shank might provide some benefit that I've never heard of?)

Since 210s and FTR and I never got on, I've got the best part of a 500 ct box of 210 SMKs somewhere, the only 'heavies' I've not sold if you're interested.

Archived