pulsar quantum

fox 1

hi lads, i am looking to buy a pulsar quantum, but befor i do i would like to look through one befor spending that sort of money. my nearest dealer is a two and a half hr drive. i am in lincolshire on the mouth of the wash. has any of you chaps got the hd 38 or the 50, and would you be as kind to let me have a look through yours if you are closer than two hrs away, many thanks pete.

I got one of the first HD38S's and its definitely improved my fox rate.

If youre going to drive that far then it might be worth the drive to Thomas Jacks (nb pre-arranged appointments only) in Stratford upon Avon and have a look at the new Guide model at the same time. This was on show at the Scone game fair and was compared favourably with the 38s by a couple of the lads on the nvuk forum at the time.

Unfortunately TJ's are trade only but The Hunting Life forum shop has been used by several people for buying the 38s's.

Cheers

Fizz.

Out of interest how does it improve you fox tally? Is it purely id'ing a fox you wouldn't normally see through lack of eye shine etc?

You can spot from a distance, and pickup a heat source you might otherwise miss in a hedge, etc. Your not spooking a fox, for example a lamp shy fox might be off or a fox spotted with nv and excess IR , you can watch it and get exactly were you need for a shot..... Oh and you can find them easier when you have done the deed :)

Archived