First Roe Buck of 08

Well guys after an eventfull start to my weekend stalking in Cornwall, we had some luck.

The first day as you know we had the car crash in the morning and the weather was less than kind all day, with heavy showers, strong winds and hail :( . We did manage to get out on a piece of new land Keith has picked up, he had seen 2 roe bucks the evening before, sadly with the weather nothing showed although you could see roe slots everywhere. I did manage to spoil charlies night as he trotted past us at 40 yards, he didn't even see us, Keith shouted OY it stopped and I gave it the 6.5x47 treatment.

The second morning started with clear skies and that blessed wind had died down. Hopefully we would get some better luck and see some roe getting some early morning sun on their backs.

We headed back to where we were the evening before. Ray went off to stalk the fields on side of the road and Keith and I went the other.

We stalked a few small fields on the woodland edge and bumped a doe. We carried on and through the glasses I could see another doe feeding in a field but no buck, then a head appeared the buck was walking up the bank to join the doe to feed.

Luckily there was a ruined building between us we could use to conceal our approach.

I got into position as the buck was still ambling towards the doe, he stopped and presented the ideal shot. I lined up on him and squeezed the trigger of the 6.5x47, to be rewarded with a direct hit in the boiler room, the buck moved off in a small semi circle and collapsed dead.

I was landed and the buzz of that first buck was awesome. We went over to pick him up and he was a cracking 6 pointer.

DSCF0607.jpg

I was so chuffed and thanks to Keith I was put in the right spot again.

DSCF0610.jpg

Well Keith and Ray looked after me proud again, we had a ball and the usual laugh and joke, my sides are still aching :lol:

Keith went off to sort out the hire car, Ray and I went off for another stalk.

I'm pleased to say Ray had a sucsessful stalk up Bodmin high street :P it wasn't to trickier an approach, just up the road and into the bakery, where he struck lucky with an attractive doe called Debbie :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks again guys looking forward to the next one.

Dave

Hi Dave.........

As always buddy it was good to see you again!! :P:(

Really enjoyed yours and Keith's company , and it was a pleasure to be there when you got your Roebuck - and very nice he is too!!! ;) ;)

Always a good laugh too mate .... :lol:

Enjoy your venison buddy and hopefully soon i will be in rut!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best my friend............

RAY...................... :D;)

Hi Dave,

The Toyminator is in rut, I have see him cuddled up to Debbie, :):lol:, good news for all the vermin on his ground, he wont have time to stalk Debbie and vermin, those rifles will rust out in there cabinet ;););) Is another good stalker about to hang his rifle up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers........

Keith............

Hi Dave,

The Toyminator is in rut, I have see him cuddled up to Debbie, :):lol:, good news for all the vermin on his ground, he wont have time to stalk Debbie and vermin, those rifles will rust out in there cabinet ;););) Is another good stalker about to hang his rifle up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers........

Keith............

Nice one Keith, I think the Toyminator passed his DSC 1 ( Debbie Stalking Certificate) last week. Probably up to trying for his DSC 2 now, his portfolio should make interesting reading :D

It was a great crack as ever last weekend. Looking forward to those August Reds :D

Cheers

Dave

You buggers are getting on to me again!!!! :):lol:

Hopefully my rutting season will last longer than the deer species we hunt!!! ;) ;)

Dave you are right it was a good crack and as always i look forward to meeting up again!!!

All the best......................

RAY..................................... :D;)

cracking pictures dave very pleased for you ,well done

Won't be long before ray starts checking out the slot marks with this new doe by the sound of it . He's like a good hound one sniff and he's off tracking the slots dribbling and drouling and tripping over his tongue ;);):P

Won't be long before ray starts checking out the slot marks with this new doe by the sound of it . He's like a good hound one sniff and he's off tracking the slots dribbling and drouling and tripping over his tongue ;);):P

class :P:lol::lol:

Dave

cracking pictures dave very pleased for you ,well done

Very good!!!!!!!!!! :P:lol: :lol:

All the best.................

RAY.......................... :D:P

Archived