high mag mil/mil scopes

JDBenelliM1

I'm currently looking for a second scope (since buying a zeiss my cheap scopes just don't cut it!)

I would like a mil / mil scope to keep it the the same as the zeiss but there doesn't seem to be many second hand high mag scopes with this layout.

Do Nightforce actually do mil turrets? All the ones ive found are moa. I know NF may not be as good glass as the ziess but Ideally I'd like 32 or 42x.and as far as i'm aware second hand NF's are the only quality scopes around my price range for this high mag.

Am i wasting my time trying to get mil/mil and just get a moa/moa scope for target work and put the zeiss on my foxing rifle? Are there other scopes on par with NF with high mag that i'm missing?

I fear the S&B's are out of my price range! I looked through a 42x PM2 at dusk at it was unbelievably clear at maximum mag but its more than double what i want to spend!

My zeiss is a 6-24 victory so really looking for higher mag than this as Im shooting out to 600m and would like a closer look at the target. I have managed a 18mm (0.71") 5 shot group at 300m with the zeiss which is was ok but but if im going to spend a lot on a good scope I would like higher mag.

OR would i see more at 600m with a 25x PM2 over a 42x NF? I wouldnt have thought so but open to comment from anyone who has put them against each other.

• 3 weeks later...

The khales is a good shout but its 24x, same as my zeiss. I may have to settle for moa

Vortex Razor HD Gen2 4.5-27?! Nice glass unbeatable warranty.

Suggestion...price stands about 1700quid. I believe.

My scope I'd go for.

Vortex Razor HD Gen2 4.5-27?! Nice glass unbeatable warranty.

Suggestion...price stands about 1700quid. I believe.

My scope I'd go for.

I was looking at the viper PST as another cheeper option but have never looked through one. My thoughts were to keep the zeiss on my TRG and upgrade the T3 .243 to a viper PST and spend the £500 saving on a new stock.

Havent quite decided what to do yet. Have you had any time with a PST?

The Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP is very clear and excellent value for money, plus their warranty is virtually bombproof. I'd recommend it, plus they come in both mils and moa.

JD,

Shooters can be quite partisan about scopes;I can understand the preference for Kahles,etc for sporting use-though I am not convinced at the likely ranges that mil/moa is a big deal either way.

For target use,absolute optic performance in low light is not a priority,and again mil/moa-you know the target distance,and the ring size (typically in moa)-and not usually much turret turning.

You want,quite understandably,more mag -there are a lot of serious target shooters who use Night Force,and the 8-32,or perhaps best 12-42 are rightly a top choice (you can choose the reticule that suits you-but there are good fine aim options). Used NF BR scopes can be picked up for way under £1000-you could add in the Sightron-new- at that sort of price,it's good and there is a 10-50xas well as an 8-32 ).

If NF,in the used price range,doesn't suit you,you have quite special optical needs.

I suspect that some advocates of particular scopes have not really used them all,or realise that each has merits/not for rather different disciplines than their prefered application (I've not spent £2k + on a S&B,but there really are not many of those in serious long range Target shooting-as a tactical scope,one of/the very best). I'd rather have the extra mag from a NF,for a lot less £ for target work.

Gbal

PST scopes are superb value for money, they track well, positive clicks and decent glass. I'd be drawn by the warranty anyway. If it doesn't track well send it back get another!!! I believe it's one of their best selling scopes. Yanks love them.

Understand they are doing well with euro sales also.

CZV

Archived