Quickload - Help request please ... ...

DW58

I'm about to start hand-loading for the 7.5x55mm Swiss round. Could somebody who has Quickload please do me a look-up for 7.5x55mm Swiss (may be called 7.5mm Schmidt-Rubin) please.

Vihtavuori N140 with Hornady 178gr A-Max

TIA

45 grains shows 47k psi and 2500 fps (85% fill)

47 grains gives 2600 fps and 52000 psi which is the "purple" warning zone. Loads around 45 look best, by 50 grains the warnings are all up.

I offer this with no guarantees whatso ever.

That's great, thanks for the help. I'm just looking for a guideline of where to start as Vihtavuori don't list 175grs, going straight from 155gr -> 167gr - 185gr skipping 178/180 gr altogether.

I think I'll start around 42.0 and work up to 45.0 in 0.5gr increments initially, I'm not looking for anything too fast, just good accuracy/consistency.

To be honest if I could get Swiss GP11 I wouldn't bother hand-loading for it, but as there's only one source in the UK about 550 miles from me it's not viable.

Thanks again.

That's great, thanks for the help. I'm just looking for a guideline of where to start as Vihtavuori don't list 175grs, going straight from 155gr -> 167gr - 185gr skipping 178/180 gr altogether.

I think I'll start around 42.0 and work up to 45.0 in 0.5gr increments initially, I'm not looking for anything too fast, just good accuracy/consistency.

To be honest if I could get Swiss GP11 I wouldn't bother hand-loading for it, but as there's only one source in the UK about 550 miles from me it's not viable.

Thanks again.

When you run into this situation again, use the loading data for the next higher bullet weight: in this instance, the 185 gr data.~Andrew

Archived