Stock for Anschütz .22 sporter

DW58

I have an Anschütz 1416 .22 sporter which I bought new in 1986 or 87. It's in excellent condition having not seen a massive amount of use.

The standard stock is very light and slim and I find it rather too delicate for my needs. I'd like to put the rifle into a more robust man-sized stock, preferably a thumbhole.

I'm aware that Anschütz now offer a really nice thumbhole stock for the 1416, but would the current stock fit my 26-27yo rifle? What alternatives do I have? I've done some digging and haven't found much in the way of after-market stocks, any suggestions please?

I'd really appreciate some help please.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing that.

Do you have a working web link for him, I can't find anything which works.

I had the same issue with mine. If you search for " anschutz bullpup " above (sorry can't work out how to link to it from iphone) you will see what I did to man the whole thing up a bit.

Cheers

Paul

I would try Joe West rifle stocks. They have a nice thumbhole stock and I believe that they can inlet for almost any action if you let them have the rifle to use as a pattern.

I one tried to get a quote for a custom stock for an unusual inlet from Gary Crane and he wouldn't even give me an indicative quote unless I placed a firm order. It was very odd I thought and I took my business elsewhere.

Archived