Got a new mod for my .223 and 6.5x55

I ordered it on friday last week, as I figured it would be a good mod to swap between the two guns. It arrived yesterday and I need to pick it up. Pretty quick service I thought, seeing as it only took three working days inc post!

Does anyone on here have one? I've been told they are very good and lightweight, not the quietest available but better value than a T8. All I need now is a scope for my .223 and I'll be sorted for some serious bunny bashing without making half the neighbourhood deaf (including myself)! I only have the .30cal end secton for now but could get the .25 one too. Does the .25 baffle set make much difference?

But you're getting by with yours? I'll give it a go and see what my ears make of it. As long as I don't wake up half the world next time I let a shot off at 5am I think I'll leave it. I do like having the option of buying extra parts though, it's a clever idea.

I have a Predator 8 on my .243.

They gave me the 30 cal baffles with it at 1st,it only took away about a third of the noise :P

They did replace it free of charge for the 25cal baffle section,and what a difference..oh yeah,and the zero was the same ;)

I have heard both of Tulky`s rifles with the mod on,and his .223 is nowhere near as quiet as the 6.5,so yes,i would definately get another baffle section.

Whatever you do, make the end units [with the different calibre baffles inside] distinguishable from each other.If you forget, and put the .223 end on the swede, there may be tears before bedtime. :rolleyes:

Yeah, course you can buddy, but people make mistakes, when they are rushing around, gathering kit to go shooting.If i had a quid every time i forgot something on a sunday morning trip out, i,d be rich.Forgetting ammo is a pain...blowing the end of your mod off is dangerous...pant filling...and expensive. There are better ways of shitting oneself...like a vindaloo and eight pints of guiness. :rolleyes:

Yeah, course you can buddy, but people make mistakes, when they are rushing around, gathering kit to go shooting.If i had a quid every time i forgot something on a sunday morning trip out, i,d be rich.Forgetting ammo is a pain...blowing the end of your mod off is dangerous...pant filling...and expensive. There are better ways of shitting oneself...like a vindaloo and eight pints of guiness. :rolleyes:

Baldie,

That might be the best quote I've seen in a long time. Thanks for that.

Rick

Archived