SAKO Trip

Just got back from the sako factory in Finland. Got to see the whole process from start to finish.Every rifle is shot at 100 yards to make sure it makes the 1 MOA at 100 yards required. When you think they make in excess of 100,000 rifles thats a bit of shooting. I was lucky enough to have a day on the range playing with some toys, The new M10 TRG .338 lap mag fitted with the new 25x steiner scope was one of my favorites.Closely followed by the 85 long range hunter in .338. Got to shoot the new finfire as well although it shot very well it didn't have the feel of the old finfire in my humble opinion. Shot the 85 416 rigby TWICE! that was enough of that. Had a shufty around the ammo factory as well i couldn't get my head around how small it was.Larger calibres are loaded by hand on RCBS rock chucker presses.ALL in all good trip.

RGDS SEAN

A friend of mine was on the same trip….

How did you come across the trip?

Through work.

What ammo do they use for the sub moa test?

Yes Sako ammo made in house, With exception of the .338 lap mag when lapua is used.

How did you come across the trip?

Through work.

What ammo do they use for the sub moa test?

Yes Sako ammo made in house, With exception of the .338 lap mag when lapua is used.

A friend of mine was on the same trip….

Who Was that?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived