243 AI 75vmax and VIT 540

caerhays sniper

Just wondering if anyone has any load data and results for a combo like this. Even any standard 243 data or some using it with 70gr or 80gr bullets.

Cheers Jim

Hi

I feel I can offer you some sound proven advice on the 243AI having used one for over 10 years,I have tried all manner of powder and bullet combos over the years and Iam now on my 3 rd barrel.

using 70 to 75 gr bullets use Vit 140

80gr use Vit 160

I use 140 with 74gr pill at 3517 fps its not the fastest load but its shoots incredible,Iam not allowed to talk about my longest shot but it was 626 yard with no wind adjustment,the rifle will produce 1 to 1.5 inch groups at 500 yards with ease and at 100 yards its just 1 hole if I do my part.

we have four 243AIs in my circle of mates and all use this powder to excellent effect.

the 243AI in my opinion is the best varmint calibre out there I have yet to see anything match it,have fun

by the way I have tried the double base Vit powders and they were like a flame thrower out the end of the barrel

Thanks for that info sporting I have been using the 160 with the 87vmax then moved to the 75vmax so just adjusted my levels and stuck with the powder. It hasn't performed aswell with lighter stuff but has got the job done. Never used 140 will look into it. Cheers Jim

Archived