.22 Hornet

I would have thought the chief reason for preferring a Hornet over a .223 is the noise issue. I am sure that most of you here have seen 6PPC 's video of his 17AH last year, quiet or what. I am looking at Hornet size cases for my next project as I have a shoot near a village where noise when summer rabbit shooting is a big issue even with my current moddied rifles. I think that .17 or .20 in a K Hornet case is the way to go. Shoots flatter than the .22, just as deadly.

However if I already had the .223 then a moddy would be the cheapest way to go and still give you another 100 yards of range if you need it.

A

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alan108
I would have thought the chief reason for preferring a Hornet over a .223 is the noise issue. I am sure that most of you here have seen 6PPC 's video of his 17AH last year, quiet or what. I am looking at Hornet size cases for my next project as I have a shoot near a village where noise when summer rabbit shooting is a big issue even with my current moddied rifles. I think that .17 or .20 in a K Hornet case is the way to go. Shoots flatter than the .22, just as deadly.

However if I already had the .223 then a moddy would be the cheapest way to go and still give you another 100 yards of range if you need it.

A

Hi A,i did have a .17,but, found that the bullet was very fussy with wind conditions,and even when modded it had a fair crack.The main reason for me having the hornet was because better range than the .22r/f that i have,I use that for close range shooting with subs and a SAK mod,very quiet and like you its near houses.Also the hornet is ideal on foxes and reloading is a lot cheaper than buying factory rounds.I use the .223 for areas where I know I have to reach 200+yds and if I get the chance,perhaps deer? Alan

Guest rogern

.204 outperforms the .222, .223 in most areas, read this:

204_Review.pdf

Head down waiting for incoming :rolleyes:

PS. Any Moderators reading this, when you try to open the attachment, it says " you do not have permission etc"

Guest alan108
.204 outperforms the .222, .223 in most areas, read this:

204_Review.pdf

Head down waiting for incoming :rolleyes:

PS. Any Moderators reading this, when you try to open the attachment, it says " you do not have permission etc"

I'm glad its not just me that gets the message about attachments,"you do not have permission" i thought it may have been because i'm a "newbie"

I had one for a short while & it was a nice little rifle & round!

always felt undergunned with it mind so hardley ever took it out & always reached for the 22-250!

Id go for a 204 everytime if faced with ur desision

Andy

Archived