Which rifle?

Hi Guys, In the market soon for a .243, once the variation is in place, I have narrowed my choice down to two rifles, Sako A7 stainless synthetic, and Tikka T3 stainless varmint, It will be a work rifle, for fox and occasional deer, I would like your opinions on these and your reason for choosing, also I may be interested in a very good, low shot, second hand rifle, in one of the afore mentioned models.

Regards Adrian

Handle them both, choose the one you like the feel of best, both are decent rifles.

A

I already have, I just wanted some feedback from people that have used them over a period of time, good points and bad.

Adrian

Never heard anything bad about a standard T3 rifle, shoot good straight out the box

But sako is a nice action

Gaz

I've had both in the past and worked great ;)

Having used both and owned one I would stay away from the a7. If you ever want to tinker with it its very limited. Also when you come to barrel change your stuck with very slim profiles as there are very few stocks avalible.

But as a stalking outfit it's very light and reliable. I found it to light for my needs and very jumpy at the front even with a heavy can. I would change the trigger spring in witch ever one you go for. Just my opinion though.

Cheers. .

Both come out of the same factory, but in terms of versatility and after-market add-ons I'd go for the T3.

Archived