Leupold MK4 elevation turret screw - split, worn & stuck....

Tiff

The single stainless steel allen screw, which holds the elevation turret onto my MK4 10x40 scope, has split along it's length. Subsequently it has been rounded off as a previous owner has tried to remove it....So it is now not possible to remove and reset the turret to '0'.

Who would be able to remove it in this country (without damaging the turret), since I'm not wanting to send it back to Leupold in the USA?

Thanks in advance,

Tiff

Take an old allen key of suitable size and dab of suitable glue (araldite perhaps). Glue allen key into screw, leave to set and extract. I dont know if you can get 'easy outs' that small otherwise?

Mark

Take an old allen key of suitable size and dab of suitable glue (araldite perhaps). Glue allen key into screw, leave to set and extract. I dont know if you can get 'easy outs' that small otherwise?

Mark

I would normally do this, but because it has split (i.e. the threads are exposed), putting any adhesives in there is asking for trouble...

I can't really afford the time it would take to send the scope to the US, since it will be on my only true stalking rifle and I have no spare scope. It works, but is rather annoying having to remember 7.75 MOA = 0.

Archived