Took the old fella this time

Cushty mush

Evening all

Last weekend I was enjoying a nice BBQ in total piece,

(Wife went shopping) anyway she came back & took the kids for walk

Over the local fields 20yrds from the back of my house

(Witch I have permission )about 300 acres ,returning to my BBQ she said owe that was lovely

nice walk & watching the foxes ,,,,,, I looked & she started to laugh, ,,,,,,,,

Within a second I was getting my gear together ! As I approached the first field

With a quick scan with my new £8 nikon benos lol off the car boot ,2 cubs spotted ,

Stalking and crawling in to position the best advantage point I could get to was 246yrds away

After waiting watching I seen 6 cubs from 2 separate earths ,,

but I held my happy trigger finger until I seen mrs vixen ,

Within 1 hour ,this guy came out mooching around checking to see if ever think was clear

With 4 cubs ,to be onist i thought he was a vixen ,

But from 246 yards it's my longest charlie kill yet so happy chappie

& he was a big boy @ that

http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/peterjames1232/library/?sort=3&page=0

BBQ....has anyone ,ever,managed to eat a fox-cooked anyway at all? Other cultures?

It's an odd (evolutionary?) defence,since they don't have (m)any serious natural predators(in the 'Wilde"),and if generally inedible,is it unique among mammals?

Gbal

BBQ....has anyone ,ever,managed to eat a fox-cooked anyway at all? Other cultures?

It's an odd (evolutionary?) defence,since they don't have (m)any serious natural predators(in the 'Wilde"),and if generally inedible,is it unique among mammals?

Gbal

The French have recipes for fox - but then again, is that really surprising?

Had a Vietnamese guy torture me for a fox a few years ago, I tried to explain they were not edible but he insisted. Anyway about a week after I'd dropped off one nice head shot carcase he met me in town...... even he couldn't make it edible!

Paddy,Gun nut thanks,History may refine :it was not only hearts and minds in French Indo China-taste b and tummies played a role too.

( I did check with Nigella,perhaps the most foxy lady in the business.)

non apetit?

Gbal

a la fox??....not for me thanks!...have you seen what thay eat?...slugs,snails,frogs & rats :ph34r: ....amongst other nasty horrible things.

Glenn.

p.s ..good shooting Mush! ;)

keep at em!

a la fox??....not for me thanks!...have you seen what thay eat?...slugs,snails,frogs & rats :ph34r: ....amongst other nasty horrible things.

Glenn.

p.s ..good shooting Mush! ;)

keep at em!

Ha ha :-) .......I was somehow getting the impression on here that fox were gourmet diners on chicken,duck,pheasant poults and lamb. They would be happier on Bear Grylls "Island" with their diet! Or do you mean ...our EU neighbours diet!!

I was going to have scampi later,but now I think I'll have one of my free range vegetarian rabbits off the lawn...

georges

Archived