repeatable Qd system

skany

Hi guys I want to swap scope systems on my rifle

as my ziess dosent work well with my add on Nv

my plan is to have a qd mount on both scopes and swap between the two!

anything that will do this without losing zero?

thanks Andy

I have a picattiny with good rings such as Third eye Tactical. I have indexed the picattiny and one of the rings so I know which slot it always returns to. I always re torque with a small torque wrench oh, and always just tap the scope forwards so that the peg and slot are touching one another to ensure no recoil movement.

This has prooved 100% repeatable for about 8 or 9 years.

My rig is 15lbs in weight and I can carry it by the scope, knock the thing in my landie etc and it's still on zero. I wouldn't mount a scope any other way now. I just mounted a leupold on my .223 remy 700 the same way too. You should be able yo get everything you want from TET.All British made too.

Another vote for Warne QD mounts.

I used them on my Styre 30-06 when changing between the 1.2 - 4 x 24 flashdot, used for driven game shooting and my 3-12 x 50, standard scope, for normal Deer stalking.

Never had a problem with change of POI when swopping from one to the other.

Either Picatinny with good quality rings/mount (LaRue, Recknagel, EAW, Third Eye etc.) or a continental swing-off mount like EAW or Recknagel.

I'd be inclined to go for Picatinny as there is less to go wrong and it's easier to set up. I'm doing exactly that with a rifle I'm building at present - pretty certain I'm going to opt for Third Eye mounts.

I know the EAW swing-off mounts work perfectly as I have these with two Schmidt & Bender scopes on my Sauer 200 stalking rifle and have been using them like this for 25 years - I can swap barrels (.243 and .308) and/or scopes (S&B 8x56 and 6x42) with total return to zero, but the problem with swing off mounts is setting them up correctly in the first place.

Go for Picatinny.

Took me just 3 shots to zero my 223 with TET rings and my nightforce 20 moa picattiny. All 3 were initially on target, visusl estimates from 100 metres and I was hitting the birchwood casey orange target stickers with the 3rd shoot. In no way complicated. Just requires basic commonsense.

Use thread loctite on the grub-screws and do not over torque.

I'm really impressed with the quality and return to zero on the Recknagels with the polyform levers (or they do a tri-nut version with a supplied wrench) ....... I changed from the 5mm to the 9.5mm's on a Swaro Z6i and the tube was still spotless... more than could be said for some ring manufacturers.

Bought from Alan Rhone's and the customer service is excellent! No sharp intake of breath when I rang and asked to exchange for the next higher pair, even after a month (Good choice of heights too) and next day delivery....... and Erwin(?) in the workshop is happy to help to on custom pic rails etc.

So good I bought another pair so the Drone Pro can go on either the Tikka 595 .17Rem or the Blaser .243. :) And the Drone is bloody good too!

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Yes Andy, thats the ones, other than the ones I used were stainless.

If you are after some high stainless get in touch as I still have a set which I no longer use and would be willing to sell at less than those, as I am now a Blaser owner :-(

Thanks for the offer on the rings but I'm not keen on stainless looks wise:-)

seems wrong to take off the ziess and fit a mtc but it works so well with a add on!:P

Cheers for all the input:-)

Andy

Archived