What chrono

foxpig

It's looking like I'm going to have to buy a chronograph as no one around seems to have one.

What would you suggest the best of the cheaper chronys be .

Obviously I want it to be as accurate as possible.

I've just bought one of the new Steinert SuperChronos - this is a sonic instrument based on passing supersonic shockwaves. Not the cheapest, but very versatile with a large recording envelope and the facility to be used at any distance from the rifle.

£218 on ebaY, direct from the manufacturers.

I've had a Chrony F1 for close on 12 years, and works perfect every time.

Also has a socket for better data collection if needed.

I bought mine for £74 back then, but they're only a £100 now

Link below

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103530-chrony-f1-chronograph-chrony-f1/?gclid=CNmK__vvq74CFWgUwwodczsA1Q#.U3OfMVJwZLM

Great ideas thanks. I suppose what I really wanted to now was are these 100 pound chronys accurate enough. Jamie sounds like there alright.

I got the chance to buy one for 40 quid so may just go for that.

Cheers buys

I ve also got f1 chrono and hate it ,screen up screen down to bright to dull to close to far move it left move it right just cant be arsed with it when funds permit magnetospeed for me, but as I don't like load development tend to stick with what works and spend time shootingand not driving myself mad searching for the holy grail lol

regards lee

I ve also got f1 chrono and hate it ,screen up screen down to bright to dull to close to far move it left move it right just cant be arsed with it when funds permit magnetospeed for me, but as I don't like load development tend to stick with what works and spend time shootingand not driving myself mad searching for the holy grail lol

regards lee

That's a far point reference the sun screens. But I've personally only had that a few times.

Never had any problems with left, right, or closer or further.

Each to their own I suppose :)

Jamie

The Chrony models either seem to work OK from day1 or are total dogs, and there are a lot of the latter around. The cheapest reliable machine was (still is?) the Prochrono Pal from Hannams, a long plastic box type with the reading on one end. it's about £100 these days.

Archived