Rifle featured in "Behind Enemy Lines"

The 2001 film Behind Enemy Lines is loosely based on the Mrkonjić Grad incident in which a Bosnian Serb Army SA-6 surface-to-air missile shot down a USAF F-16 near Mrkonjić Grad, Bosnia and Herzegovina on June 2, 1995. The American pilot, Scott O'Grady, ejected safely and was rescued six days later, on June 8.

The film's fictional plot is centered on a story of uncovering a massacre in the Bosnian War of 1992-1995 by an American naval aviator Chris Burnett.

Admiral Leslie Reigart's (Gene Hackman) carrier battle group is in the final stages of a NATO peace keeping deployment when the F/A-18F Super Hornet of Chris Burnett, the aircraft's Weapons System Officer (Owen Wilson) and his pilot Jeremy Stackhouse (Gabriel Macht), launched from the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson is shot down by a SA-13 SAM controlled by renegade Serbian forces led by General Miroslav Lokar and his second in command Colonel Viktor Bazda.

Lokar is committing a secret genocidal campaign against the Bosniak people in a no-fly zone that the NATO plane violates and photographs; wanting to avoid being discovered, Lokar has the plane shot down and executes Stackhouse while Burnett escapes to the countryside & tries to evade capture.

Pretty good film I thought.

Chris

Ya pretty much gave that one away....

It was okay...

I thought the ending was typical Hollywierd....

I still think the best war movie was "Brothers in Arms" followed by

"Enemy at the Gates"....

308Panther

Yep have to agree but for me its Saving Private Ryan closely followed by Enemy at the Gates

Chris

Archived