Any Parker Hale guru's?

Akeld

Hi all, I'll be taking delivery of a Parker Hale tomorrow and I'm looking at options for it already, am I right in thinking anything made for a Mauser 98 large ring should fit the PH without too much tweaking, It already has a nice laminate stock, but I've noticed CDI do a DBM for large ring Mausers in .308.

thanks for looking

NO ,

If it was ME , I would not try and change the way it feeds .

IF you want a detach mag feed PH , buy either a sporter with the clip/version , or a M85 or a M87 .

The clip version has the same 2 piece bottom metal that the M87 uses , and the saem mags etc , I think ?

Later Chris

If you go the CDI bottom metal route you will have to have the bottom of the action milled to fit as it won`t take the AI mags as is. Then you will have to have it re-proofed.

Which model Parker Hale have you got?

I fitted a Rem 700 AI type mag system with 308 AICS mags to a 1909 Arg. Mauser and needed to dremel a bit of material out of the action to get the mag high enough. Result is fantastic but was a bit of arsing around.

Wouldn't know if the PH is identically shaped. Just had a look at an old Mauser action, the 300wm AI mag would be narrow enough however too long and would need action work as well.

edi

Didn't realise it was a case of milling the action, bin that idea and stick with the 5 shot, as to model, not sure of the model it looks like a scout but possibly made to look like one, the stock and barrel length suggest it is but I'll reserve judgement for now. Thanks for the replies

Archived