Quickload

davo

Looking for a check on some Quickload figures for anybody thats got it please.

Hornady, 55gr V-max,

Viht 133, 24.0gr

Cartridge length, 2.244,

Case length, 1.755,

Barrel length, 20",

.223 Rem.

Measurement method, Piezo CIP = Pressure Max, 62366psi.

And the same again please using, .223 Rem (SAAMI)

Measurement method, Piezo SAAMI = Pressure Max, 55000psi.

many thanks.

Mark.

Come on now don't be shy, I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE I'VE SEEN YOU. :(

The problem I've got is that I've just got the latest version 3.4, and the predicted pressure readings I'm getting are very high even comparing the recommended loads in the manuals and from the powder manufacturers, 3/4 of them according to ver3.4 are over pressure.

I used a friends ver2.9 with updated powder files to develop the loads I'm using now and it said they were safe, they show no pressure signs on the cartridge and they are very accurate BUT the same load data put into ver3.4 says they are very high pressure, what's changed?? Anybody know.

If anybody with Quickload can run off the load data I've asked for PLEASE, and show the results or PM them to me I would be most grateful, I don't want to blow myself or anybody else up........ ;)

Please assist if possible.

Mark.

davo , Quick Load is saying 57,746 psi , 99.38% burn , 3,124 ft/sec @ 21F & 111% case fill

Hope this helps but remember different barrel diameters will give higher or lower pressure use ithis imformation with care .

OSOK

OSOK, what is you're,

Maximum Case Grains H20 cm3

Capacity, overflow .............. .....

Set at in the, Cartridge Dimensions box.

I think thats where I'm getting the different results, a slight adjustment to the capacity makes a big difference to the pressure reading....

Can't get a hold of my mate to ask what his is set at!!!!

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Mark.

OSOK,

Thanks for that it would appear that this IS the cause of the mysterious variation on the pressure readings.

I will now do the H2o capacity weight test for the brands of brass I've got to determine all of their Max case capacities.

Come on now don't be shy, I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE I'VE SEEN YOU. ;)

The problem I've got is that I've just got the latest version 3.4, and the predicted pressure readings I'm getting are very high even comparing the recommended loads in the manuals and from the powder manufacturers, 3/4 of them according to ver3.4 are over pressure.

I used a friends ver2.9 with updated powder files to develop the loads I'm using now and it said they were safe, they show no pressure signs on the cartridge and they are very accurate BUT the same load data put into ver3.4 says they are very high pressure, what's changed?? Anybody know.

If anybody with Quickload can run off the load data I've asked for PLEASE, and show the results or PM them to me I would be most grateful, I don't want to blow myself or anybody else up........ :lol:

Please assist if possible.

Mark.

Hi

Different results for different versions of Quickload... I had this question for the designer of Quickload about 6 years ago.... his reply: quote;

Every time a new version of Quickload comes out, all the up-to date burn rate info is collected from the manufacturer's and loaded into the new version.

This is why it is best to update your book manuals regularly or buy the new powder manual when it comes as well as the bullet manual..... or just buy Quickload ;););)

hope this helps

Hi Julian,

Thanks for that I thought the newest powder burn rates might be slightly different for some of the powders, but I think I've got it sorted now and It definitely looks like the 'Max fill capacity' had the most to do with the different pressure readings.

P.S. Quote; " or just by Quickload", Thats why I bought the latest version off you..... :rolleyes:

Mark.

Archived