Swarovski Z6 zero problem

Nick T

Just changed scopes on my Sako Quad .17HMR & fitted the Z6 from my Sako .243. The attempts to boresight gave me great concern when the max elevation I could get was 10moa low at 100yds.

Reversed rings, checked , double checked, looked on forums etc. - No luck.

Immediate thought was - get a 20moa inclined rail to replace the existing straight picatinny.

Spoke to Alan Horne https://www.alanrhone-store.com/index.php?cPath=144&osCsid=glm3235k3msum9c2jiajn45nd3 & within 3 minutes after a couple of questions - problem sorted, reset the Ballistic turret! - would never have thought that so I live & learn.

He also told me that the Z6 isn't the only scope to do this, so I hope this will help some guys who suddenly face the same problem.

Excellent guy very knowledgeable & helpful so many thanks Alan

That's interesting and something I'll make a note of as I recently bought a Z6 3-18x50P BT L, having used nothing but S&B scopes since the late eighties.

Thanks.

Mine's waiting arrival of my Tikka T3 Super Varmint in .300 WSM - the only thing now is to settle on a 20 MOA mount to mate the two together, undecided at present.

I've got a T3 varmint in .308 with a bushnell elite - straight rail works fine but the previousT3 Varmint in .223 needed a 20moa rail to get it over 300yds with a Ziess Duralyt 3 - 12 x 50! Good luck

Regards

Nick

Archived