Holding Zero

achosenman

Hi all, I have a question that maybe someone might know the answer.

I am having an extended 0 Moa Picatinny rail made up for my Tac 30. The intention is to allow me to slide the 0 Moa Spuhr mount forward when I mount an Archer on the back with minimum / no loss of zero for NV work. I changed the rail on the Tac 30 to 0 Moa to allow this.

Question, if I get a 34 Moa Spuhr mount, will it hold Zero or close if I push it forwards on a 0 Moa Picatinny rail?

It's just that at £300+ for the Spuhr, I don't fancy taking a punt to find that I've stuffed myself up by trying to be too clever.

ATB

I'd say, assuming the rail is perfectly in line with the bore, not nearly, then the poi change will be negligible.

All you are really doing is moving the reference point (scope) of your poi (zero) forwards by 4", so I'm thinking, all things being perfect, all it 'should' do, is move your 'zero poi' 4" further away than it was before.

BUT, in order for it to work, your rail MUST be absolutely perfectly in line

Pete

I don't think it will be mate. That's the reason for the 0 Moa rail. The mount has an inbuilt 34 Moa, the rail doesn't. If the rail was 34 Moa you would be right...I think :unsure:

ATB

I have re-read and you are absolutely right and I am absolutely wrong , LOL

Archived