Lightest & Slimest full bore silencer - suggestion please

Hi guys and girls (Are there any here?)

I have a Blaser K95 in 6.5 x 55 it weighs 5 pounds 'ish and shoot damm straight

Increasingly I am getting demand from places where I stalk to get it moderated. So I plan to do something about it next season

I have many other rifles and calibers which are moderated and I have got T8, ATEC and Wilcats already but I am scratching my head for the lightest and slimmest setup.

I remember reading about cragyboy's cut down PES for his Cooper 21 - 204 Ruger

Other than than that does anybody know if there are brands out there which is both slimmer and lighter and will do the job efficiently?

I am happy to pay a bit of premium for this item so as not to spoil the design of this rifle

Are there any brands out there not represented in the UK at the moment that fits the bill ?

Thanks in advance for the advice

Londonhunter

I think the PES may be the slimmest, maybe not the lightests as I think it is of stainless construction.

Custom made titanium along the lines of the PES may be an idea?

Most (if not all) moderators are a compromise on weight and cost of materials - i'm not sure if an aluminum one could be made that slim without it suffering alot of internal pressures - there are more technically minded people on here who may be able to comment on that.

Ive seen an overbarrel moderator system on Accuracy International rifles that is fairly slim, this encompasses the whole length of the barrel.

It is not light though.

For that particular model of rifle (Blaser) I would think that it will have a very slim barrel profile (and muzzle OD), so it may not be practicable to fit a moderator too it without removing too much metal - again I havent seen the muzzle so this is supposition rather than fact.

I'm putting a JET Z Compact on my new rifle, a 7mm-08, after seeing one on a Remmy 700.

It's the first mod I have seen that has been mildly in proportion with the rifle its on.

A ASE S5 sits on my .243, it's ok but room for improvement.

Andy

Hi Kaleiderscope

Thanks

I had a feeling you will be advising me on this.

So is this ATEC CMM the forward projecting lighter model you mentioned to me previously?

If so please count me in and do you have stock of it now or is it pending

What is happening about the group buy TRG spacers....................

thanks

londonhunter

BTW are we meeting next tuesday or not......................

Hi Kaleiderscope

Thanks

I had a feeling you will be advising me on this.

So is this ATEC CMM the forward projecting lighter model you mentioned to me previously?

If so please count me in and do you have stock of it now or is it pending

What is happening about the group buy TRG spacers....................

thanks

londonhunter

BTW are we meeting next tuesday or not......................

Still awaiting the arrival of the new CMMs but it wont be long now, this will suit you Sir! ;)

TRG Spacers, the guys is on here still, I just havent got around to ordering mine yet. :(

Guest northernchris

London

I saw the TRG spacers at the weekend,they are of very good quality indeed,i am sure TC will post up some pics of them fitted.

Archived