Illuminators for a starlight longbow

Farmerrow

What do people think is the best illuminators for a starlight longbow and why. Struggling with my firefly.

Can I ask why you are struggling with the firefly ? I'm not keen on them myself but that because of price and they are not as good as a n1000 which is well under half the price, as said above , if its a clean beam your after go for one of the many torches with an ir pill that are on the market today.

What do people think is the best illuminators for a starlight longbow and why. Struggling with my firefly.

I have tried quite a few and find the best to suit my requirements is the NV1000 laser, I have them on the Archer, Longbow and D760. They need to be kept dust free and a lipstick top does this well. You can focus them right down to a small spot which is good for long range, I do like the firefly on digital stuff, but the NV1000 is better value for mony and delivers on performance.

Regards

Mike...

Tried a laserluch but just was not powerful enough. Love the range of the firefly just hate how unclear it is.so still not sure which way to go. Are the torches giving as much range as the lasers.

Tried a laserluch but just was not powerful enough. Love the range of the firefly just hate how unclear it is.so still not sure which way to go. Are the torches giving as much range as the lasers.

Tried a T20 and NM800 good clear beam but NV1000 does the job very well on a basic longbow. I do find that foxes are aware of the beam but this is not really a problem in my area. If it is i switch to the D760 gen 3 pinnicle tube which can spot foxes out to well behond 350 yards, then switch the NV1000 last second to take the shot. As good as this unit is I still prefer the basic Longbow it feels more like a scope, but that just a personal preference.

How do they compare to the quantum firefly?

For distance the firefly is not as good as the N1000

If you mean the T20 or the NM800 both are not as good as the above as both the above are lasers which will go further than any torch with a pill, but the torches are a much cleaner beam, I find the quarry don't see the torch as easy as the laser.

As said the lasers are a lot smaller and easy to mount, I have the xsearcher with ir / green / red / white pill which can be changed quite easily, also the N1000AP

I have an archer but no longer use the firefly since having fox's being spooked on a numberm of occasions, ive replaced it with a NM800 ir and had no issues with spooked fox's. You can easily see a fox at 300yards, you can always go for the X searcher for further reach if you think you're going to need it.. I bought a torch from swampy on here that's impressive, if the ir torch is any thing like the green one it will be good.

Archived