Sealey Gun cabinets. Any good?

pwinnall

Hello,

Has anyone got one of these make cabinets? Are they any good?

I need a 7 scoped rifle cabinet soon.

Thinking of a Buffalo River, Brattonsound or a Sealey.

Thanks for your advice.

Phil

Can't say i've heard of that particular make, but i've got a Brattonsound i'm not sure on the model, but it's the the extra tall extra deep, locking box 7 gun one. It's absolutely huge inside, and has a very secure looking door / double lock system.

I'd recommend it, but it was a bit expensive & I wish the door had a handle on it. The customer support is also very good, i had a problem with a key refusing to work.. they sent a locksmith round and changed the lock within 24 hours.

In my case i didn't need the locking top, but it was the only cabinet i could get quickly that was big enough

I don't have a sealy but the spec is pretty similar to the Buffalo River which I do have. The BF 7 gun is pretty huge inside. If you need the electronic lock, look at the gold line they sell. I stayed with the silver line.

There is probably not very much between them and the sealy so I guess get whichever one is most convenient for you.

I have a brsttonsound, its very well engineered but very very small internally, its a five gun cabinet but itd only about ten inches wide ! Also they dont have handles which is a real pain as you have to pull it open with the key, best advice would be go and try before you buy mate

Have a sentry electronic gun safe its brilliant BUT its sold as a 10 gun with scope cabinet, can only fit 7 in it without clanking scopes.

My advice would be if you need to fit 10 scoped guns in a safe buy a 12 or 13 one.

So might be worth looking at a 10 gun one.

Its a pain with two safes I forget which ones got what in it.

V

Thanks for your advice.

I have seen the Brattonsound RD7+ for less than £200.

7 gun extra deep, I don't need the locking top.

And it's made in England :-)

Thanks Phil

Archived