Zeiss Victory 8x45 RF binoculars

Hi guys I am the proud owner of a new set of Zeiss RF binoculars.

Question to other users, have you used the integral ballistic system and if so how did you get on with it for accuracy. Having read the manual it is a case of choosing a chart that is similar to your own bullet trajectory but not exact trajectory.

I'm interested in your experience with the bino's too.

Thanks

Ay up mate, I've got the 10x45 had then 2 years I reckon, you will be pleased to know that they are fantastic kit I wouldn't be without. I've ranged over 1200 yards with them in rain, mist ect and they never seem to fail.

I don't use the ballistic system though, I have my kestrel Horus for that and that seems spot on for me. If you do use it or anyone else does I'd be interested to here how you get on.

Cheers Gaz

Gaz

Thanks for the reply, I have been really impressed with them so far.

I did manage to range 1556m today although i was aiming at a house so a big target.

Great glass, interested to hear as you are on anyone using the ballistic system.

Thanks

Tommy

achosenman

Thanks for sharing your experience also.

I don't really have a use for the ballistic system as I can just turn my turrets by looking at my drop chart.

I guess that its not going to be very accurate, you might be able to shoot an Elk at 500m with it but maybe miss of a fox at 300m.

I will stick to my charts.

ATB

Lone gun,

I’ve got the same blrf, these are a constant companion when I go out bush.

A lot of people when they test out their rangefinders they always bounce them off large targets or highly reflective targets. It’s great to see how far they go, but more often than not we will be ranging game.

I did a quick test a few years back. 18” wide x 32” long steel plate, I covered the plate up with a heavy grey army blanket folded over three times, made sure no steel was showing around the edges, then got a large black towel and draped that over the top of the blanket.

This was conducted at approx. 2.30 pm in 36°C with heavy mirage and 15 to 20 MPH winds.

The results were, I got constant readings on every press of the button out to 800 metres, 900m wasn’t that good as I couldn’t hold the bino’s steady, I was resting these on the handles bars of the quad. When there was a lull in the wind I took as many reading as I could before the wind picked up again. Out of ten presses of the button I got 7 readings, this was at 900m. Then went back to 1029m, the results weren’t that good. Out of ten presses I got 4 or 5 readings.

I think this was the limit in those conditions and ranging on a black target. I did range a black Lama at 380m, sheep at 740m.

On a side note some of the blokes here use the blrf’s spot lighting (lamping ?) on those far away foxes.

Sorry this was long winded.

Albert

Archived