Base advice

I was out mon night for a stalk and managed a doe. Now I wasnt happy with the POI was it user error well thats what I thought! Well last night I was out with DS2 punching paper and the rifle was low and to the left!! How could that be it only fire 3 rounds since zeroed, a doe smack on and a fox that I missed, then this doe!! I hadnt knocked the rifle well not what I could remember! When I got home I cleaned it but there wasnt much show of fouling! I then checked the rear mounts and managed to my surprise that I could turn the rear mount screw 1/2 to 3/4 turn!!! These mounts have never done owt like that before when they were on the 308. Im at a loss how the hell that happened! Has anyone else had this or know how this is possible? And a big thanks to Ds2 for taking me out and it was a pleasure meeting you, till the next time ;)

They are black! Got a bit that attaches to the weaver base with a screw on! They have a hole which the scope goes into, the top bit comes of each to allow that to happen and have 4 screws on each mount to or should I say lock the scope into place!! ;););)

They are black! Got a bit that attaches to the weaver base with a screw on! They have a hole which the scope goes into, the top bit comes of each to allow that to happen and have 4 screws on each mount to or should I say lock the scope into place!! ;););)

Sounds way to complex to me, get some Ken Farrells or Badger on it...no more problems. :( Are they 1" or 30mm?

Archived