Meopta

onehole

i had one,great scope for the money good glass tracked as it should and no zero shift though mag range.wouldnt fit on my cz 527 with optilocs so swapped it for a leupold,i thought the meopta was.the better scope

I've not tried the 6-18 but I have had several other models including the 4-16 tactical model. The glass in Meopta's from my experience has always been outstanding as is the tracking. Here's a through the scope image from a few years ago looking down Stickledown range Bisley - any loss of resolution is due to the crappy iPhone pic!

IMG00154-20101022-15322-1.jpg

Got two.

They both hold a zero perfectly. The glass is not quite up to the standard of Swarovski, but I have not turned down a shot with a Meopta that I could have taken with the Swarovski. There's not much in it.

I really rate them. They're a bargain.

We sell alot of them they seem very good scopes for the money. They also work very well with Archers and PVS14s.

Cheers Sean

Hmm not my experience. Using with the Archer that is. To be fair I didn't have an awful lot of time to play with it. Bit annoying as I really rate Meopta. Might have to see if I can get my hands on one and try again.

What range are you able to get with the Meopta?

I don't use one myself but a mate of mine uses one with an archer and a T20 and 250 is no issue. My other mate uses a Z6 2.5-15 and he said the meopta is as good if not better with the archer. I have also sold a fare few others to lads and they say the same there spot on with either the archer or PVS.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a 6x18x50 with the BDC reticule,,,,,its gonna go on my RPA 223 in place of the Nightforce 3.5/15 Varminter{no turrets].I was looking for lowish priced quality scope with reasonable high mag,, excellent glass and would dial.Will report on this scope over the next week or so to let you know what I think of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on the 6-18x50? I was just going throught he forum to find some info on this scope. I would like a higher mag scope to put on a 243 for informal midrange shooting on the range ( 200/400m) . The rifle would do double duty as a fox rifle from the high seat. The price of this scope is very attractive. My first idea was the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, but this one is only available from the US.

How does the Mil dot perform in low light? Next choice would be the new Meopta 2,5-15x56 or the 4-16x44 Tactical. The Meopro has a much nicer price.

Any news on the 6-18x50? I was just going throught he forum to find some info on this scope. I would like a higher mag scope to put on a 243 for informal midrange shooting on the range ( 200/400m) . The rifle would do double duty as a fox rifle from the high seat. The price of this scope is very attractive. My first idea was the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, but this one is only available from the US.

How does the Mil dot perform in low light? Next choice would be the new Meopta 2,5-15x56 or the 4-16x44 Tactical. The Meopro has a much nicer price.

Mmmmmm,,,,well I,m not so pleased really and disappointed if I,m honest.Main gripes,,,bdc reticule is too thick and turrets work opposite to my nightforces of which i,m used too,,,,I did not know this until I opened the box and gave it a good look over. Whilst hand held and playing with the scope at around 10x all seemed very clear and crisp image but not so once I mounted the scope and cranked it up to 18x ,,,,no matter what I adjusted the image would not resolve to anything like my NF,s at same mag !!!

I think the the meopro has been built to a budget ,,,,where they have cut the quality I,m not sure but something goes seriously wrong at high mag!!!

Mmmmmm ,,,,,,,,,,not my eyes ,,,,,others have agreed with me this particular scope does not offer the usual optical performance expected from Meopta?? Not sure how to move it on either,,,PX or complain??,,,,,,,,,,,O

Onehole you reminded me why I didn't buy a 4 - 16 tactical. I had a 7 x 50 Meopta at the time and really regret selling it. I was chasing dialable turrets but realised I wasn't going to get on with the tactical versions.

Shame to hear of the poor viewing quality, you have to wonder if they have actually cheapened the spec. to fit a price point!

Mmmmmm,,,,well I,m not so pleased really and disappointed if I,m honest.Main gripes,,,bdc reticule is too thick and turrets work opposite to my nightforces of which i,m used too,,,,I did not know this until I opened the box and gave it a good look over. Whilst hand held and playing with the scope at around 10x all seemed very clear and crisp image but not so once I mounted the scope and cranked it up to 18x ,,,,no matter what I adjusted the image would not resolve to anything like my NF,s at same mag !!!

I think the the meopro has been built to a budget ,,,,wNFhere they have cut the quality I,m not sure but something goes seriously wrong at high mag!!!

Mmmmmm ,,,,,,,,,,not my eyes ,,,,,others have agreed with me this particular scope does not offer the usual optical performance expected from Meopta?? Not sure how to move it on either,,,PX or complain??,,,,,,,,,,,O

How much is the Meopta 6-18x50 ? £450 ish, how much is the NF you are comparing it with ? probably twice maybe three times the price, I like to compare scopes in similar price bracket ;) not having a pop onehole :) but the Meopta isn't in the same league

How much is the Meopta 6-18x50 ? £450 ish, how much is the NF you are comparing it with ? probably twice maybe three times the price, I like to compare scopes in similar price bracket ;) not having a pop onehole :) but the Meopta isn't in the same league

Hi ,,,,yes I understand where your coming from but you see i,ve used a 6x42 and 7x50 for a long time now on rimfires and glass is outstanding on those so considering this I really thought I was going down the right road.18x is not too much to ask from any reasonable brand,,,,,I have seen far better resolving from cheaper brands on rifles down at our local range and I really was expecting better,

If its not the glass quality then something is happening internally when cranked up,,,,the reticule remains crystal clear but image will not focus anyway near to being acceptable.Light gathering is excellent no problem there.The parallax adjusts correctly in and out of focusing on the target so no problem with that either.Quite baffled really and as I said others have played with the scope and agree something is not right,,,,,mmmm will be talking to suppliers soon and see what they have to say,,,,if they offer to replace it I will probably hope to choose something else instead to be honest.Cheers ,,,O

but the Meopta isn't in the same league

The Meostar will be many classes better than the Nightforce. No American scope comes close to a decent European one. Quality is measured is low light performance. I used one Nighforce a few years ago and in no way it was close to the Swarovski that I used a day later. Nightforce reticles are to thin.

The Meopro is a lower budget Meopta and I feared that the quality would have been less. The new Meostar R2 2.5-15x56 must be great.

Hi ,,,,yes I understand where your coming from but you see i,ve used a 6x42 and 7x50 for a long time now on rimfires and glass is outstanding on those so considering this I really thought I was going down the right road.18x is not too much to ask from any reasonable brand,,,,,I have seen far better resolving from cheaper brands on rifles down at our local range and I really was expecting better,

If its not the glass quality then something is happening internally when cranked up,,,,the reticule remains crystal clear but image will not focus anyway near to being acceptable.Light gathering is excellent no problem there.The parallax adjusts correctly in and out of focusing on the target so no problem with that either.Quite baffled really and as I said others have played with the scope and agree something is not right,,,,,mmmm will be talking to suppliers soon and see what they have to say,,,,if they offer to replace it I will probably hope to choose something else instead to be honest.Cheers ,,,O

I had three Meopta's, and only sold my two Meostar R1's as I replaced them with a Swarovski and Zeiss Victory respectively.

If you bought it in the UK then if there is a fault with it it will go back to John at Marchwood, the UK importer/distributor.

Meopta and Marchwood are brilliant at fixing warranty issues - I had a problem with one of the Meostar's (I fell off my quad in a ditch and landed on the Meostar, but that's another story), and it appeared to run out of elevation afterwards, and Meopta replaced it under warranty! Not only that, but I had originally bought it secondhand as a US import, and told Marchwood that (Meopta would have known from the serial number anyway), plus told them I had fallen on it, but they still replaced it FOC!

Archived