Sporting services moderator?

So i'm trying to figure out which moderator to put on my 308, and think i've narrowed it down (but am open to suggestions!) to either.

- Sporting services mod

- AI Mod

- ASE SL 7

Does anyone have any experience with the sporting services mod? It seems a bit cheaper than the AI mod, and still screws over the muzzle break?

I've heard good things about the ASE mods, thats why the SL7 is there.. but i've not heard one in person.

My requirements for the moderator are, maximum noise suppression, weight not really a problem, length not a problem, the mod will see range use as well as field.. so ideally should be hard wearing.

I'd be very interested to hear any ideas / experiences

Ive an SL7 which was for my 338, but use it now on a 308, works very nicely, i would'nt change it!

a word of warning though, a mate just got one for his AW, and yes it fits and works fine, but it looks a bit odd due to the long neck threaded part needed to fit the AI thread and semi spigot, and secondly his dos'nt fully cover the shiny spigot , minor things but may bother you, it did my mate!

If your new rifle is fitted with the large late type tac brake SS (cheap :unsure: ) mod wont fit, you will need the huge and bloody expensive Tac can they do, think its around £500 -600 :wacko:

best

Yeah i thought that silver bit would be on show, and it most likely would bother me! But I'm not sure if the extra couple of hundred is worth it, just to not have a bit of metal on show?!

It's the new bigger brake (or it will be when it comes, they shipped me the rifle without the brake..), but when i emailed Jake at sporting he gave me the impression that both their own mod and the AI (expensive!) one would fit? So seems a little confusing

give colin a ring on this forum onelesscharlie he made me a s/steel one for my AI and it covers the spigot very good job it is a strippable one very quite

give colin a ring on this forum onelesscharlie he made me a s/steel one for my AI and it covers the spigot very good job it is a strippable one very quite

That's a good idea, didn't think of that.. Wonder if he can make one that goes over the brake, or is that pushing it a little

Colin makes a dedicated mod that fits over the AI brake with the correct l/h thread.

Superb in every way.

Dave, Does the ASE Utra Jet-z compact cover the machined spigot on the AI barrels just out of interest?

Archived