What mounts for AI ?

alijnclarke

So I'm picking up a new AI tomorrow and was just wondering what scope mounts would suit?

The AT seems to have a 'high' rail, so I'm thinking that my third eye unimount (high) will be too high up and look stupid?

It's for a 56mm objective nightforce, until I convince myself a PMII is needed..

This will be my first ai, so just wondering what you guys use?

Yes very! I've had acis chassis and just thought that I'd go for it and order the real thing..

Decided to go for the 26" barrel, folding stock and threaded brake. Can't wait to shoot it now.

That link is perfect thanks! From the pictures it looks like the AT has a higher rail than the AW, but i guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see what fits.

You must be pretty excited! What spec did you go for?

I don't have an AI, but some guidance here: http://www.milehighshooting.com/will-it-fit/

Theres duff info in that website, the recommend 18 and 28 moa mounts for a 56mm schmidt, that scope wont fit into the mount unless the centre is machined out. I run a pm2 56mm in a 28moa mount milled out to suit, sporting services provide the modified ones. Great mount, holds the scope well

Theres duff info in that website, the recommend 18 and 28 moa mounts for a 56mm schmidt, that scope wont fit into the mount unless the centre is machined out. I run a pm2 56mm in a 28moa mount milled out to suit, sporting services provide the modified ones. Great mount, holds the scope well

Thanks mate, I'll look into that when I go for a pm2.. Have to stick with my night force until my wallet recovers!

Can me and porkchop Have a shoot with your new gun best mate lol

Yeah sure, looking like I won't get to pick it up until Monday now :(

Nice one mate have you brought any reloading gear yet

Not got round to it yet! Still trying to work out what the best option is, buy all the bits individually or get a kit.

Ordered a reloading manual though, so after i've had a look threw that I'm thinking i'll have a better idea of what i need

Not got round to it yet! Still trying to work out what the best option is, buy all the bits individually or get a kit.

Ordered a reloading manual though, so after i've had a look threw that I'm thinking i'll have a better idea of what i need

a kit is a better way to.get started,just add the odd bit and bob and some dies and your away Trent had a rcbs kit on the shelf last week when we were there

yeah i was looking at this one

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/product/804b17994849dda742298064/RCBS+Rock+Chucker+Supreme+Master+Reloading+Kit+/

but I'm not sure on the dies, whats the difference between 'neck dies' and 'full length dies grade A'?

i need to take a trip to trent anyway, so can see what they've got

pritty much what it says dude,you just resizing the necks after firing rather than fully resizing the whole case.pros and cons for each ,but even if you neck size after a few firing you'll end up having to fl or bump the shoulder back

pritty much what it says dude,you just resizing the necks after firing rather than fully resizing the whole case.pros and cons for each ,but even if you neck size after a few firing you'll end up having to fl or bump the shoulder back

Archived